Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Smacked by the Shetland Ram
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Smacked by the Shetland Ram Next Topic  

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  08:22:54 AM  Show Profile
Girls, Smokin, my shetland ram, got me last night. I fed the rams and went to close gates for the evening and he got me good..out of the blue. He has not offered to do this ever. Again, never trust a ram. He hit me hard and knocked me down. I always carry a shepard's cane with me but I did not have time to react...he was eating and the next thing I know, I am on my back and saying the words that should never be said!
I sat up in my big recliner last night trying to decide if I had broke something in my shoulder or threw it out of place.
I am experienced at having rams around and I have had some that would be so aggressive that I would never go in the lot with them, especially during breeding season, Smokin has always been a gentleman and never aggressive...I guess it is getting breeding season.
Girls, I am just giving you the heads up if you have rams or if you intend to get a ram...be careful.
Old did I tell you that Smokin has the most beautiful set of horns that curl beautifully around his ears...and they add some unusual effects when you are what he hit. Did I tell you that Smokin is for sale! Registered, out of prize winning show stock, beautiful conformation, CHEAP!
Recovering in Missouri
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

The people who make a difference in your life are NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Ouch! And I thought I felt bad when I smacked my tailbone!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  3:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh OUCH!!! I feel for you. One time my younger brother was playing around our sheep and he was pretending to butt heads with Cinder when--Ka-blam that ol sheep knocked him right into the back room of our house. He didn't get hurt--fortunately my brother has a hard head (obviously). But he never did that again and we traded the sheep for a pony and some money. Whew. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  8:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ouch! I hope you feel better soon! Yes, the breeds of animals that will butt can be very dangerous. They are quick little buggers too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4284 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4284 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  05:36:02 AM  Show Profile
hope you are okay. Darn sheep.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh I feel your pain - no matter how long we are with animals we have to remember to keep our guard up during the breeding season. I had this week my two billies (Sherlock and Watson) who I raised from birth in my house decided to fight over me. Luckly this old gal moves quickly when I have to but I guess in their minds I am a goat girl and I am fair game. I guess I should feel honored but instead there is one more pasture of boys I have to watch. Take care of yourself and a good glass of wine might help.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:39:24 PM  Show Profile
So you kept Sherlock and Watson, how neat. I remember the tiny boys. There were so cute. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  7:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the nice words...you guys are so nice but do be careful around your rams or bulls, studs etc. I am so lucky, no more pain. I should have known better. A glass of wine might be the trick...next Friday evening...2 tylenols knots me out and I am in a daze all the next day, don't know what a glass of wine would do.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

The people who make a difference in your life are NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  7:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, I hope you are okay!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  11:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
sarita i do hope you are recovering quickly! dont forget to be careful around heifers too! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Been there myself Sarita. NOT FUN!!! I have a total of 9 rams and 3 bucks-- I NEVER turn my back on any of them. I did that ONCE and lived to regret it!!! I won't let anyone else in the pens with them either.

I have to agree with Ms Connie in Fair Banks-- even the GIRLS can get out of hand sometimes! You gotta watch out for those critters-- especially when there's "Romance" in the air. (LOL!!) Take it easy kid, and give that ram a good WHACK when next you see him!!! ~~~ Hugs ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Smacked by the Shetland Ram Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page