Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What's on your knitting needles?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your knitting needles? Next Topic
Page: of 2

sewingwoman
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

Giovonnia
Astoria New York
USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  12:35:41 PM  Show Profile
I am making two baby blankets. I am making the moderne baby blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. I started out using worsted weight yarn, half way into the project I found that the pattern calld for DK yarn! It's bigger than I thought but I'm going to finish it. I using the berry stitch on another pattern I found in one a Debbie Bliss books.

I have been in a knitting buzz all week. I spent some time in the country and had nothing but knitting ans sewing to do. I want to make, one afghan, 2 shawls, and a pair of socks.

I'm trying to finish my other projects befor starting on any new ones. What's on your knitting needles?

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  12:38:33 PM  Show Profile
I socks on 2 circular needles and a rectangular shawl that is all cables. I am knitting in a pretty blue alpaca.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTs2fAv/]

[/url]
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  12:40:44 PM  Show Profile
socks! always socks. :)
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4191 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4191 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  1:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Got a pair of socks going,and a baby blanket.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  3:35:44 PM  Show Profile
I really enjoy knitting on circular needles. Right now I'm knitting a lap blanket in autumn colors on my large knitting needles.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  4:49:53 PM  Show Profile
I've got a grey varigated alpaca lace stole, a moss green lace stole, a peach llama lace shawl - all near completion. A white shetland stole, a pink llama lace scarf and a wash cloth. Wow, I thought I had more UFO's than that. Not bad for me. I must finish the peach shawl for my mother's 75th birthday in September. It is charted and I just don't sit down and work on it! I like to work charted lace when watching movies with my husband, but he has been on a foreign movie kick and I can't knit from a chart and read subtitles at the same time!! Oh, well. I must buckle down and do it! Anyone else have a hard time finishing projects or is it just me?

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  4:56:42 PM  Show Profile
socks in the house (really soft wonderful wool/soy yarn) and dishcloth in the car.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  5:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh how I miss knitting and crocheting, needle point too for that matter. But alas, my eyesight has gotten to the point where I can't see well enough to do any of these things. I wasn't very good at any at it, but I did enjoy doing it anyway!

Make sure you ladies post pictures of all your projects, I love to see them!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  5:39:27 PM  Show Profile
I have sock om my circulars.

debinmtns #63
http://www.handcraftedncreated.blogspot.com
http://www.abunchofcountryswappingals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  6:35:24 PM  Show Profile
Do UFOs count? I have a pair of socks, a dishrag, a wool purse for felting, and I just frogged a baby sweater (since the baby is now too big for it), oh and somewhere in the bottom of my knit bag I have a little black velveteen yarn bag to go on a coin purse closure.

BUT put up to be completed are two wool hats and a beautiful alpaca shawl in a color called "shrimp"...which is about the same color as my hair.

We won't talk about what's on my sewing table....or in my bead bag...or in my card making stash...
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  6:53:11 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
a neck warmer on my circulars, a dish cloth on my bamboo, a scarf which will probably be taken out and made into something else on my reg. needles and another dish cloth on my crochet hook.
star, i found a good way to deal with sewing ufo's, i gave mine away! most were too small for me now and i gave them to a friend who is as tiny as i was back then ol. peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  7:15:11 PM  Show Profile
ROTFL!!!! What a hoot! My UFOs are not clothes though getting rid of the too tiny ones in my closet is a great idea...I just need to get a move on these little purses I'm making to get donations for our Relay for Life first weekend in October! I kinda promised 15. <eek> Oh and maybe 20 pairs of dangle earrings too....
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  7:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
geesh why didnt you just go for the gold and add a couple dozen woven beaded necklaces? lol. heck girl you got yoruself into a bunch of work! i gotta get hubby to read these posts here cuz he thinks that just cuz i have for the time being gone onto somethign else that i wont go back to my beading! he is oen of those people who doesnt like change and my way of doign things is constant change to keep from gettign bored! lol peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  7:55:08 PM  Show Profile
Started a ball band dishcloth tonight and socks for take along knitting.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  8:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Love the ballband dishcloth! I just used one on my swiffer. Ran out of disposable pads. Just put my own on and it worked perfect!

Dana

Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  8:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
ok someone please tell me about this "ballband" dish cloth. i use a swiffer on my walls and ceiling so would be a good thing to know about! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  8:41:22 PM  Show Profile
Connie, it is talked about in the book Mason Dixon Knitting and the pattern is there. However, it is a free pattern and inside the wrap of one of the cotton yarns. I forget right now. I googled it and found and printed it out. As for my swiffer, I plan on knitting up more dishcloth patterns for it. In white so I can wash them in hot water and/or bleach. I like the ballband texture for the floor. But even a seed stitch would do. Must go to bed. It is late here!

Dana

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4191 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4191 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Hey Dawn,ddmashayekhi, how about knitting or crocheting on larger needles! Would that be easier on your eyes? I could get you some nice bulky home spun yarn!

Michele
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9362 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9362 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  06:11:54 AM  Show Profile
A dishcloth is always on my needles because it is the only thing I ever learned to make. I'd love to learn knitting though. Any suggestions for beginner books or something?

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:17:24 PM  Show Profile
right now I have the second of a pair of socks on my 3 needles and I just finished a dishcloth. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Levisgrammy, if you can knit washcloths you can knit anything else! Try a scarf (or 8)...easy peasy!
Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  6:37:13 PM  Show Profile
The ball band pattern is free here: http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/Ballband%20Dishcloth.htm
It's also in the Mason-Dixon knitting book, which I love -- I have a log cabin blanket and a log cabin tote bag currently on the needles, and a wedding shawl which I need to have completed by September 20!

Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  9:23:32 PM  Show Profile
Today felt so much like fall that I started a scarf from wool yarn from one of my shetland sheep. I decided that I would spin some designer yarn with lumps and bumps. I then dyed it a dark deep red to go with my black dress coat. I also have a pair of wool socks started on my dp needles and a dishcloth on another set. I really have a plan in all of this. I knit on the scarf if I don't need to think. The round dishcloth takes a little more thought but I can still concentrate on other things and be interrupted and pick it right back up. I also get the great satisfaction that I have completed a project. I have made 3 in this last week. I pick up the socks when I know that I will be traveling or when I want to concentrate on my knitting and nothing else...This afternoon I warped my table loom to make tea towels, I don't like warping but the weaving goes fast. Ang is upstairs weaving purses like the one on my blog site. She likes to decorate them with her needle felting.
I have really enjoyed the pictures and discussion on knitting dishcloths. I agree with T...if you can knit washcloths...you can knit anything.

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

A woman is like a teabag - you never know how strong she is until she gets
into hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt.
Go to Top of Page

carpenterlady
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Becky
Cloquet MN
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  2:11:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi I'm knitting socks. I'm halfway finished with the second sock. I want to start knitting socks on two circulars. I just bought Cat Bordhi's book. Next I have baby hats to knit, and adult hats. These socks are the first thing I knitted that I am keeping for myself in about two years. I love wool socks! If you are in search of patterns, Ravelry is the place to go. www.ravelry.com I love Ravelry. It is like myspace for knitters, crocheters, weavers, and spinners. They have awesome organizing tools, so you can keep track of your needles, yarn, patterns, and projects. I have seen free patterns for knitted, reuseable swiffer cloths on Ravelry.
Go to Top of Page

karla kay
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Karla
Lewistown MT
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile
I have socks on my needles. I have 3 pairs going. I have one pair that is toe up 2 at a time on a circular needle. I do this on when I am alone, I have to concentrate. I have the other ones on dp one at a time. Karla
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:59:35 AM  Show Profile
A baby blanket and socks.....always socks.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your knitting needles? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page