Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What's on your knitting needles?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your knitting needles? Next Topic
Page: of 2

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  5:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i tried the dp needles to make socks (first time) was gonna just practice a bit first. how on earth do you get started???? peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  07:39:23 AM  Show Profile
Connie, don't give up! I kept putting off doing socks but it is so rewarding and warm, warm feet in the cold of winter! I like the book by the Twisted Sisters..don't have the title in front of me. Also go to the Knitty Gritty web site and they have video and they make it look so simple knitting with dps....it was on DIYnetwork. Also there is so many knitters and sock patterns and videos on the web, just watch and keep trying. You feel like you have 10 thumbs but after awhile it just comes to you. Socks are a fast and rewarding project. I keep a bag in the truck for any long road trips or if I am waiting on hubby when he is looking for parts or equipment. You Can Do It Connie!

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

A woman is like a teabag - you never know how strong she is until she gets
into hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  07:52:45 AM  Show Profile
I have a gray angora scarf worked in a cascading pattern on my needles. This will be a Christmas gift for my daughter because she keeps commenting on how much she loves the yarn and color!

Carrie

Connie-find a sock knitter to sit down with you and get you started. The first round is BY FAR the hardest!!! Don't give it...if you're like me you just need to have someone SHOW you! I've made dozens of pairs of socks now...I especially love making baby socks...so quick and so cute!!!

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  07:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Miss Dana-

Heaven bless you! How I'd love to visit you in Georgia and see all those lovely unfinished projects!!!! I am like that too except that I have been forcing myself to finish my projects...I say, "No, Carrie, no more yarn until you get those other things done!" I've been working like crazy to finish some things so I can buy more yarn!

Happy Knitting....post some photos as you finish those projects...we want to see them!!!!

carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  08:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Connie, go to this episode of Knitty Gritty and see if it helps...
http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_dkng/episode/0,2046,DIY_18180_36323,00.html

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

A woman is like a teabag - you never know how strong she is until she gets
into hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt.
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  10:36:03 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
thanks sarita, i will try again after hunting is over with. right now i am pretty tied up with that lol. peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  04:46:48 AM  Show Profile
Here is ONE project finished and on my lace stretcher! I get inspired to finish up projects as Christmas looms. I really love the planning and beginning of a project...it's just the final stretch that finds me lacking interest!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  9:36:00 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
dana that is beautiful! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What's on your knitting needles? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page