Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Nothing gets your living room cleaner quicker than
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Nothing gets your living room cleaner quicker than Next Topic  

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  6:10:57 PM  Show Profile
having someone over for dinner! Wow! It was a cleaning marathon today. Living room, dining room, kitchen, and main bath! THEN, it was time to cook the roast! I'm pooped!!! (But really glad the cleaning is done.)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  6:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! That was me last week! I got so much done in the morning! Maybe tomorrow I need to pretend to have company over!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  05:43:32 AM  Show Profile
Now it's time time to tackle the boy's room! <eek> I will be tying myself off with a caribiner and belay harness before descending, however!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  06:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL!! That is too funny! I might need to get orange reflective tape and tie them to "landmarks" so I have a trail to follow when I decide to get my room cleaned up!

Okay... It's not THAT bad, but I remember when it was! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  10:57:31 AM  Show Profile
I thought I was the only one that did that. It is the main reason to have people over for dinner. The other one is to try out a new recipe. We have a couple of friends that will eat anything! The invitation always starts out, "Ole Ron needs your help". Gets them here everytime. Ole Ron don't like new recipes so he always needs help eating it.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  11:33:33 AM  Show Profile
T:
Yep, I do that too!!! ROFL Especially when the friend or guest calls that morning and says, "I thought I'd drop by this afternoon." ROFL Clean-up time begins immediately. So funny!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

iloveprims
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

TRACY
Phillipsburg NJ
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  11:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Send iloveprims a Yahoo! Message
I know what you mean, I get into a cleaning frenzy when I know company's coming over... speak of lighting fast, lol

~Tracy~
Primitive Lover & Farmgirl Wanna be!

http://farmgirldreamer.blogspot.com
http://www.handmadeswap.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  4:15:33 PM  Show Profile
I thought you were going to say when the hamsters get lose. It seems you pick everthing up looking for the litte guys. But your right company is good too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  4:55:37 PM  Show Profile
Company coming will get my house cleaner every time too. Especially company who haven't been to your house before...especially nerve racking..right?

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  6:38:26 PM  Show Profile
I have to say...it was worth it. It was so nice to come home from work today to a clean house. My 15 year old even did the dishes! Red letter day on the calendar!!!!

Oh Aunt Jenny you are SO right. My friend told me today that she's just going to call every so often and SAY she's coming over just to keep me on the straight and narrow. LOL!!
Go to Top of Page

susanreno
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Susan
West Chester PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  6:44:55 PM  Show Profile
I like to call it "stash and dash"... what we typically do the 30 minutes or so before company arrives :)
Go to Top of Page

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  1:10:14 PM  Show Profile
I have a daycare so I have 7 sets of parents walking into my house during ANYTIME of the day. There is nothing more humbling than people (some up ti do) seeing my dishes, kitchen floor, unbathed children and the millions of toys scattered from the night before! Of course, my house isn't dirty, (never) hahha but cluttered is almost a worse feeling. But I finally realized that I have 10 kids in my house everyday, it would be boring and sterile if I had everything put away perfectly! What fun is that? I do agree, a swift clean up can be tiring, but almost makes you want to tackle more jobs when that is finished!

What an amazing life!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Nothing gets your living room cleaner quicker than Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page