Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Does Walmart have the magazine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Does Walmart have the magazine? Next Topic  

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  05:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I first found Mary Jane about 2 years ago (a little more then 2 years ago) when Walmart was selling a copy of the magazine I bought it loved it, and then found this board.

Ok.....I want to find the newest issue out right now. I am going shopping today. Walmart is not on my list of places to go, but I know walmart has 20% off. I will be right near a barn's and noble though. I know they don't have any discounts (yeah you can buy their membership but you have to buy way too much over the year period to actually get your money back that they charge for their membership!).

So is there a way of knowing if Walmart has the magazine, and if it's worth it for me to go out of my way to go there and get it cheaper. Or if I should just stay on my route and go to the Barns and Noble that's in the area?

Thanks!

http://www.wolfprncez.blogspot.com

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  05:51:42 AM  Show Profile
I can't speak for NY, but I've never seen the magazine at any of the WalMarts here in MO. I do know for a fact that Barnes and Noble and Borders carry it though.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  06:30:50 AM  Show Profile
ok Thanks! :)

Yeah, I have never seen it at Walmart since, I always look for it when I am there. lol I even remember which walmart I seen it at, I was so in love at first sight with the magazine!

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  08:00:18 AM  Show Profile
No Walmart near me has it (mid-MI). I've found it at Borders, Kroger, and my local grocery store. I find that Borders is the one who has it consistently.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9354 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9354 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile
You could check Walmart online and it will tell you if your walmart has it in or not.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  10:57:11 AM  Show Profile
I've never seen the MJ magazine at any Wal Mart in Louisiana.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  5:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Gals, my husband needed some gloves and we needed a laundry basket any way (I had a coupon!), so we went to Walmart, the same one I bought my first issue at, they didn't have it. I did find it at B&N though. It was a bit hard to find, they had a bunch of other mags on top of it. Grrrrrrrrr. But, I got it! I still got 10% off which helped! lol My MIL was crazy enough to buy their membership, which I think was 25 dollars, which if you do the math means you have to buy 250 dollars a year worth of merchandise to break even on the membership! lol Well, at least I helped her get a little closer to breaking even. lol

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Does Walmart have the magazine? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page