Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Finding MJ's Outpost book at Barnes and Noble
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Finding MJ's Outpost book at Barnes and Noble Next Topic  

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  12:22:41 PM  Show Profile
I went to the computor lookup desk at Barnes and Nobles this morning to find Maryjanes new Outpost book. It said that there were three copies available in the house and how to section. Okay. I know where that is. I look and I look. I finally go to the information desk and ask the lady if she can help me find it. Of course she can. She can't find it either. Sooooo, we get another woman employee to help. She swears she's seen it but she can't find it either. Now, I am really determined that I am going to bring it home today as I am a member and not only will I get 10% off for that but they sent me a 15% off coupon! I decide to walk away from that section because I'm literally getting crosseyed. I go back to the aisle. I drop my purse and other purchases on the floor, get on my hands and knees, and proceed to look very closely at the bottom shelves. I let out a "oh my stars!" and the first lady comes running over to me. I had found it! Yes, just one copy but it's mine! It only took me about an hour and a half but I came home with Maryjane's Outpost book and it was the best hour and a half search I've done in a long time! I love it! I haven't read it completely yet but the pics are breathtaking! Okay, that was what I did as part of my Sunny Sunday! Susan

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  12:46:16 PM  Show Profile
I have had the sam exact problem at B and N, both with books and the MJF magazine. Actually, I have never, ever, been able to find the magazine there. I have asked - thinking maybe they don't carry it, then the sales clerk will say "i'm sure we do" but they can never find it. I haven't had any trouble at all at Borders though - I can find both books and magazines easily. Maybe because our Borders isn't as big as our B and N. I like B and N, just not for buying MJ's publications for some reason!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Susan! Glad you found it! I love the pictures as well!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:14:47 AM  Show Profile
I found the last one at B and N in Olympia, last week, I keep that puppy in my arms and didnt lay it down anywhere. Its sooooooooooo GOOD
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  1:01:15 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered my copy of Maryjane's Outpost from my book club (that I've been in FOREVER!!) and it's only going to cost me $7.99. I used 12 of my "bonus points" (tells you how many books I've bought from THEM over the years!) Can't WAIT till it comes! It should be here by the end of this week or sometime next week. (I also ordred a sweet apron book and a book on raising chickens for my friends b-day coming up soon)

I buy the magazine at one of our local Grocery stores (we only have two!), but the copies go FAST, so I'm in there as soon as I read on the Website that the new magazine is coming out-- I watch that store like a HAWK!!! LOVE THEM!!! ~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  2:52:28 PM  Show Profile
I bought the book from MJF but at my bookstore(Hastings) it was in the "self-help" section.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  6:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh - so it was YOU Shirley.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  09:52:00 AM  Show Profile
My Borders says they have one in stock - I just put in an online request for it. Hope they can locate it before I get there. Yippee! This will be great reading for my camping trip this weekend.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  3:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Amazon.com always has the books you want! That is where I got my copy!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  7:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
I got my copy of the Outpost at borders. I looked it up online and did a store reserve for it because I was driving 2 1/2 hrs, wanted to be sure they would still have it for me when I got there. It was my birthday present to ME, lol
I just got the newest issue of the mag and I LOVE the "omelet hotel"!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to Girl-Up our coop now.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9354 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9354 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  05:52:39 AM  Show Profile
I pre ordered mine from the farm but when I went to B&N to get the lastest magazine issue I had trouble finding and so did the saleclerk. She got out her stool and scoured the top shelf re-arranging as she went. She found it and I think it was the last copy. She said they didn't get very many in. I wonder who bought the others as there don't seem to be others in my area on the forum........yet.
;)

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  2:19:36 PM  Show Profile
DH and I were in B&N on Sunday and the same little cute saleslady was there trying to find the MJOutpost book for a customer but couldn't. She looked at me with question marks in her eyes and I said, sure I'll help you look! Yes, I found another copy! Two down....one to go! Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Finding MJ's Outpost book at Barnes and Noble Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page