Page: of 2

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  05:40:58 AM  Show Profile
I was sharing with Hubby what's been bouncing around in this thread. When I told him about the animal gook that's in cosmetics, etc... He wasn't surprised! Years ago, he was a manager at a restaurant and unmarked trucks would come and suck out the grease trap to transport to companies that made cosmetics. I asked why he never told me....He said he knew it would gross me out.

Well, since MaryJane has come up with a gelatin free "Chill Over" product, she now needs to come up with a gook free cosmetics line!

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  06:16:55 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by westernhorse51

Gotta love you Frannie!!!! and I do! Michele

well, chile' .. ain't i jus' gotta' big grin all over my silly face that's gonna' make me starry-eyed all day long! farmgirl love back at ya'! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2006 :  8:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Vinegar works great for fabric softener! It's cheap and you use it like you would the liquid kind (which I think smells terrible!) I find I have a much more positive outlook on life when I can make small changes that are helpful to my health and the health of the planet. It doesn't take loads of money or massive amounts of time to make a difference in the world, it just takes an open mind and conscious choices. Do what you can when you can and don't forget to smile!

Much love,
Laura
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  09:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Fabric softener sheets also take the musty smell out of old books and the cigarette smoke smell out of a room or an automobile.

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  3:17:49 PM  Show Profile
Bounce sheets are also really good for smelly shoes...stick one in each shoe, and they come out smelling clean.
Also, being the cheapskate that I am, I've discovered that 2 used Bounce sheets are just as effective as 1 brand new Bounce sheet. I don't buy dryer sheets as often!
I've also dried throwing in a damp towel in place of Bounce sheets. It's worked for me too.

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  2:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi, all!

There's a great website I enjoy visiting: Care2.com

I get newsletters from there that included a blurb about fabric sheets that I'd thought I'd pass on to you all:

http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/1150

You might also want to check out www.care2.com.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

missymagoo
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

sue
williamsburg ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  5:06:17 PM  Show Profile
i use bounce if i have a really burnt pan that i am trying to clean- put 5 sheets in the pan to soak over night and it helps sofen the burnt food up. sue
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  12:20:00 PM  Show Profile
I put several Bounce sheets here and there in my little vintage travel trailer. Each time I go to visit my little "ButtonWillow" she smells heavenly and it keeps the mice away!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic BOUNCE! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page