City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  06:51:53 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to share the title of this great book I read over the weekend. I learned a wealth of information. So much so that I am going to purchase the book from Borders so I can have it on my reference shelf.

The book is Easy Green Living: the ultimate guide to simple, eco-friendly choices for you and your home written by Renee Loux

It says on the cover that she also does a show on the Fine Living station called It's Easy Being Green.

I also read Women of the Harvest this week! What a great inspirational read. MaryJane did the foreward for it as well if you didn't already know. My eyes welled up with tears a few time just because I so wish I was in a position to be as brave as these great women. One day I will!!

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.

Edited by - City_Chick on Aug 18 2008 06:54:43 AM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  10:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Christina:
I'll have to buy that book, "Women of the Harvest". I love inspirational books! I'll check out the other Green book, too. Nice posting.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  5:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting us know-I'm going to look up the "Easy Green.." book-sounds like it would be handy to have!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Janet L Trewhitt
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Janet

8 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  2:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Janet L Trewhitt's MSN Messenger address
Thanks for the recommendation for these 2 books. I will look for them the next time I go to the library. Does anyone have a recommend for a series that is not a Murder series? There is enough of that in real life, I just want to be taken to a nice good place where things are going fine and all are getting their little problems solved in a nice way!!
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  6:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Janet, so nice to see your name on a post, haven't seen you for awhile...hope things have been ok for you...please join us more often...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Easy green living Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page