Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Monday Morning! Next Topic  

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  06:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
What's everyone up to today?

I'm busy potty training a new pup, pics in the barnyard place. Then I want to run into town and get the kids back to school haircuts, a salon is offering free haircuts for today only for kids..need to get that done since I have 2 going this year!

Enjoy your Monday

Heart of Ohio Chapter Member

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  06:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I took the kiddies to school this morning. It is so nice all three of them are all day this year. But in a couple of hours I'm pickin up my friend's son to take him to afternoon kindergarten. Then I'll pick him and my three up. Let's see what else have I done. Threw a load in to wash. Vacuumed the living room, swept and mopped the kitchen, breakin in my new boots. Don't really have much planned for the day.

Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today I am going to finish up laundry and play with Nora! When she goes down for a nap, I am going to work on my swaps!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:35:10 AM  Show Profile
I have laundry going, as I usually do on Mondays. It's a beautiful day so when I finish laundry I hope to get outside and enjoy the day.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:47:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, let's see. I've got a load of wash in, cinnamon bun dough waiting to be made up, and a house to tidy. Right now, I'm just finishing up sorting and emailing replies for the business (who knew short-throw shifters would be so popular :), then hopefully today I'll get some sewing and weeding done. Oh, and we'll go down the road and pick up some corn for dinner tonight. Best crop in years!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

City_Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Christina
Omaha Nebraska
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Well so far I have spent the morning in garden harvesting some tomatoes and pulling a few weeds. Talking on the phone with my mum. Catching up on e-mails and posts.

The rest of the day I am going to be making fire roasted-salsa. The grill is getting fired up as I write. I also need to go to the post office to mail Kris her swap package and tidy up the house. I was hoping to do some laundry but the guys showed up to start my new roof and they are removing asbestos shingles and I don't want the dust to get on our clothes. I need to blog sometime but I am not sure when!

I hope you all are having a blessed day!

Christina
Farmgirl Sister #195
http://justacitychick.blogspot.com/

Although no one can go back and make a brand new start; anyone can start from now
and make a brand new end.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I'm off to a very important job interview. Then who knows what. Can't think that far ahead!!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  08:25:04 AM  Show Profile
with everyone doing laundry it reminded me that i, too, wanted to do laundry and better get going! my daughter started school today----and hurray(!!) she can drive herself this year! i still get up and make her breakfast and her lunch for school.....she's a junior this year and i got sentimental cause i realized this is the next to last note i'll be putting in her lunch bag saying to "have fun on your first day of school---love, mom!!" (i've been doing that since my two kids were in pre-school, every year!) anyway, i also have an orange bread in the oven ready to come out so....everyone, have a really nice day! sue
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  08:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Watching it rain here in TX and cleaning studio so I can sew. I am looking forward to finishing pillowcase swap and work on some new designs for etsy.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  08:42:48 AM  Show Profile
After a week at our county fair and the weekend at our state fair, I am taking back control of my house and our life. We have been running so hard and so fast the last month or so I'm not sure I remember even having a summer break.

DD starts school next Monday and we are not ready, so after work we'll be shopping, still cleaning up and packing away from the fairs. Our barn is empty, except for the layers. It's a wierd feeling not hearing lambs in the morning, but I must admit I relish sleeping in until 7am.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  08:51:11 AM  Show Profile
Watered the garden. Sprayed the plum trees they are all losing there leaves and I am worried I will lose one or two. Picked and ate 2 ears or corn might I add I have been trying to grow corn for 5 years and every year something takes it out and I have never gotten to eat any. I will go to town and mail out swaps. I hope to worr on a table I am refinishing and need to go the sewing aroom and work on some projects.

It is a great day when you can get up and go outside.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Well on Mondays I strip the beds and wash sheets and hang them out in the glorious sunshine. I just have to make sure the wheat combines don't come before I get them off the line or I'll be washing dust and chaff out of the sheets. I went to the post office and mailed Melanie's baby blocks for her quilt to her and I picked up dh's prescriptions. I'll do a flylady home blessing and start dinner. You know that old saying " A man's work is from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." So true, so true.
Warmly,
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
YAY, I got into town today and got the girl's FREE haircuts form a salon that was doing haircuts for free for one day only! SO glad that I saved about $20.00!

Now if I could find free shoes for the 2 of them before school starts..LOL..

Heart of Ohio Chapter Member

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  5:57:55 PM  Show Profile
I cleaned cat litter boxes, changed bed linen, and that is about it. It was a lazy day for me, I don't know why. My get-up-and-go, got-up-and-went!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  7:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Saw this post late-it will be Tuesday soon! I did laundry, machine quilted a project I'm trying to finish for a gift. Weeded and watered the gardens-I have herb, flower, and veggies. And the big project of the day-putting up 24 pints of spiced peaches-yum!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  10:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Hm... lets see.... I got the kids up and took them to the bus (they're teenagers, so my job there is easy). Spent a short time checking e-mails and "chatting" on MJF. Visited with an elderly neighbor who came by asking if I had anything to contribute to our local Granges' "Tuesday Farmers Market." Sadly I did not, as I showed her the ruins of my garden after Opal, my pot bellied GARBAGE TRUCK plowed through it! I fed and watered all the critters, then came in the house and cleaned the living room, which was a wreck after we spent two days putting together a HUGE computer desk that my friend had given me. (It's FABULOUS, and it was FREE!!!)

This afternoon I dozed a bit while the laundry was going--- it was such a GORGEOUS day it lulled me to sleep! I didn't even have to turn on the air conditioner. I SHOULD have been working in the yard but...... ah, what can I say? It was a lazy afternoon topped off by driving 30 mins to pick up my boys from football practice, stopping to chat with a dear friend on the way home and having a GREAT laugh with her, then coming home to dinner all cooked and ready to go-- though I had to clean up the mess. But that was ok. All in all, it was a good day, even though I didn't get much done!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Good Monday Morning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page