Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 PICTURE OF GREAT GRANDMA EMMA BELLE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic PICTURE OF GREAT GRANDMA EMMA BELLE Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  1:21:59 PM  Show Profile
I posted a picture of my Great Grandma whose diaries I just got. I love this picture.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful picture. What a treasure to have, especially taken at your famiy home.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  4:17:42 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely picture. Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy reading the diaries. I know I would. What a wonderful gift.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  5:30:52 PM  Show Profile
I do love this picture. Looks like something from a movie.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  8:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo....what gifts you have been given! Your Aunt was born the same year my Mother was but she passed when she was 83. My one Aunt is 94 but in a home and not doing well. How wonderful that you have those memories and those diaries! You said you were raiesd by your grandmother? I was raised by my aunt and uncle partially...long story...but they might as well have been my grandparents because it was my Mother's oldest brother and there was 20 years between them. Is the house still in the family? At least you know you have good genes! Yah....about that tree....was that before or after the tornado hit? LOL! And we worry about whether or not the icicles are straight or the lights are spaced evenly! Hah! Thanks so much for sharing! Those are the best items yet!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  9:18:33 PM  Show Profile
I just love the older pictures. that looks sorta like Uncle Bud is going to his christening. Maybe? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
History has always been my favorite subject. And those items you have that give a window into another time and place are endlessly fascinating to me, Nancy Jo. How fortunate you are to have them. And your grandma and aunt have such beautiful names - Emma Belle and Glenda.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:25:29 AM  Show Profile
Enjoy the diaries, Nancy. You are sure to find treasures within. Maybe a passage you could share with us later.

The photograph is priceless. Even more so being taken at your family farm.

My father was born in 1916 and wore the same baby dresses like your Uncle Bud is wearing on a daily basis. Not only did they wear the long, flowing dresses, but intricate slips with cutwork / needlework underneath.

Where mothers from that era ever found the time for all the needlework that went into the layette is a mystery.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Farm Girl #300

Kansas to Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, that's just wonderful...I'm so happy that your Auntie is still around, and driving no less! Wow! I feel like we are so blessed to know these women, and you are so blessed to have some of them with you, now, with those diaries. I love reading the thoughts of the women who have come before us!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:12:17 PM  Show Profile
nancy girl .. what a treasure that has been bestowed upon you .. and i know you are the very deserving one in this lifetime to hold them in your hands and heart! oh do tell us of some of the writings in the diary! do YOU keep a journal/diary? isn't it funny .. i do believe these wonderful forums and blogs that have come on the scene in the last hand-full of years is a wonderful way to 'journal' our daily lives.

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic PICTURE OF GREAT GRANDMA EMMA BELLE Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page