Author Family Matters: Previous Topic I lost it a bit yesterday... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  07:13:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I really didn't mean too but I took Charlie to the park to play. He has been really sick and I have had about 10 hours of sleep since Thursday night. I have no one to help me out with Charlie..I am truly on my own. If he is up or home, so am I. When he is in school, it is a job search, interviews, errand, chores and school. I have to cram what I can into 8 hours of daycare on top of doing everything around the house and for Charlie.

The mom's were all complaining that they don't get enough time off. That their inlaws or grandparents ONLY take the kids 2x a week or that they ONLY get to sleep in one day a week and they are just worn to the bone. Then they started in on their husbands and I thought "Boy, I would LOVE To have my husband home just to complain about him."

I had to miss a second job interview Friday as I had to stay home with Charlie after going to the ER, his doc, pick up prescriptions, get a new humidifier, pay his daycare and pick up his stuff to be washed from daycare. This is all with a VERY sick and grouchy 2 1/2 year old who was in and out of naps and tantrums all day. My house is a complete disaster, I look like death warmed over and it is just raining all day, so I can't even take Charlie outside to burn some energy. He is on steroids, so the normal hyper child is on warp speed.

I finally told them I was leaving and when they asked I just blurted out "You don't know how good you have it."

It was wrong but I needed to vent...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Life is all a matter of perspective isn't it? It's real easy to get spoiled and then still look at the glass as half-empty. Sure seems like we've got an awful lot of pampered princesses out there. I would have left too...as I've said before, any joy-robbers and I'm outta there. You can run circles around them and then some. Farmgirl attitude!

Sorry Charlie isn't feeling well and hope he's on the mend with his meds and you can get him outside to run off some steam. Hang in there - you are doing a great job.

Venting is okay as long as it doesn't rob your joy--and hey, someone uses a little tagline on this forum "I have enough." Isn't that something to think about when times get frustrating? Just simplifies things down to basic survival and it packs a lot of meaning for 3 little words.

Hope today is a better one for you.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  08:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Please don't worry what your house looks like, you just need to concentrate on charlie and get him well. I was a single mother of two, so i know how you feel but let somethings go and just get some rest when you can and don't worry about certain things cause they will always be there later. Try to just enjoy charlie while he is young and let the rest just sit there and wait. Take care of yourself too. Hope things are going better today. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  09:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- You are an awesome mom and Charlie is so lucky to have you. Maybe you gave the other moms something to think about- but don't let them get you down either. You are in the middle of a very hard situation and doing a great job!

I hope Charlie starts to feel better soon and that you can reschedule those interviews. *hugs* Keep up the good work, Cow Girl!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  11:36:17 AM  Show Profile
Is this the little Charlie who has asthma that I prayed for? I think you are doing a remarkable job being a mommy to that little guy. And you're right. Some people have no idea how good they have it. Joyce Meyers testimony is simply this: "I'm still here!" That should be your credo as well! Hugs, Susan
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  12:04:39 PM  Show Profile
I know how it feels when you are the only one available for the 24 hour a day job:mom. It gets overwhelming , especially when the kids are sick. I think you did very weol, I doubt any of them even took in what you said. Poor Charlie, my daughter was sick alot the first couple of years and did not sleep through the night until she was 14 months old. Sometimes I thought my head might explode. Don't worry about your house, just try and get a little rest in the midst of all this. I hope Charlie feels better soon. Hang in there, I can't say it will get better instantly, but it will probably get different. That's what keeps you going, it is a tough job to be a mom, especially when you don't get much respite. Be good to yourself.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  12:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Heather, all that you are going through and you took time to check on me! You are sweet!! I am praying for Charlie and hope he is on the mend. I am also praying for you to have strength. I know you miss your dh and you have to care for it by yourself. hugs

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  5:37:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather:
Sorry Charlie is under the weather. You just hang in there. I wish I lived closer, I'd take Charlie for a week just so you could catch up on things, and do what you need to do. It's okay to vent. I know when I vent, let it out, I feel a while lot better. Don't forget we are both cowgirls, we know how to vent! You and Charlie will be in my prayers. Take care of yourself, and of Charlie.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
YEE HAW my fellow farmgals!! Thanks for the support. Yes, I would just like to have a little sympathy from people or at least be aware that other's around them may be having a bad day. I guess I am very sensitive to other's needs, so I can't help but get upset. After hearing for 20 minutes about how one lady could only work out 4 times a week because her husband is pulling double shift to support her backside just pushed me over the edge.

I know that I am and we are (us farmgals) are stronger than the average Jill and I think I just need to distance myself from negative people. Unfortunately, there are no good JILLS around here for me to hang out with. I know they are out there working their tails off and taking care of others, so we don't have time to meet!! HA!!

Thanks to all and (((HUGS)))!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts