Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Help! Need yummy spareribs recipe for tonight...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help! Need yummy spareribs recipe for tonight... Next Topic  

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  06:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals

My partner would like to have spareribs tonight and I don't know how to cook it any other way than german style (with saurkraut). Do you gals have a bbq ribs recipe that is quick and easy...maybe something that can be done in a crockpot. Don't want to be over the stove all day...working on my cute little camper...

By the way...posted more photos of the renovation on the blog this morning...

Hugs to all
Jenn

www.sundariyoga.com
yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5377937

Farmgirl Sister # 285

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  04:59:14 AM  Show Profile
I have boiled the ribs for a while,in a pot of water and then stick in the oven with some bbq sauce. Nothing fancy.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  05:32:32 AM  Show Profile
My mom always did our ribs that way too. Boiled them. Then once they were cooked through she would drain the water & add BBQ sauce to the pot. Let them simmer a bit & then place them under the broiler to get the sauce a little carmelized. So good!

"I have an irrepressible desire to live till I can be assured that the world is a little better for my having lived in it."
– Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  08:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I just made then 3 weeks ago and had no idea what I was doing but they turned out soooooo Yummy. Here is what I did. First I seared them over my gas grill for 4 minutes each side. Then put them into my slow cooker with about 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup water, 2 tsp each, brown sugar, worchester sauce, dry mustard and paprika. 1 large dice onion, and pepper. I let them go all day on 3-4. I used one rack. When you get it all going if you need more sauce I just make another batch and pour it in excluding the onion. I heated my gas grill on high and then turned it down to medium when I put the ribs on to cook. Good luck.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Help! Need yummy spareribs recipe for tonight... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page