Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Question about the Sisterhood...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Question about the Sisterhood... Next Topic  

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  6:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
I wanted to join, but when I went to pay, it had a $10-something shipping charge attached. Do you know if this is an error, or it "really" $30-something to join?
Thanks!
~*Magdelina

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Magdelina- The Farm's shopping cart automatically calculates postage and I think there is a pre-set of about 2 pounds into the shipping calculator. The farm will ship a membership as cheaply as possible so the charge will be less than $30.

I suggest calling the Farm, Monday-Friday at 1-208-882-6819 and talk with Sunny or email her at sunny@maryjanesfarm.org

She will be able to tell you the true total to ship to your house. I would assume that the shipping would be less than $5. I do believe it is more than a stamp as you get more than just your merit badge so they have to ship in a bigger envelope than a normal letter. I am not 100% sure though, so Sunny can tell you for sure.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:22:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS- Maybe some of the other ladies that have recently ordered and received their membership could chime in since it's the weekend so Sunny won't see this till Monday?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
Thanks Alee!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:38:31 PM  Show Profile
The shipping is only estimated until the order is actually processed. My total for the sisterhood membership, with shipping was $21.17 last month. Hope that helps!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  7:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
I just sent mine in a couple of days ago and it came to 27.07...20. for the membership and 7.07 for the shipping. hope that helps, your total could be right...Debbie

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all
Emily Dickenson
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  11:23:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for this thread. The shipping for the Sisterhood membership is actually $1.17 in the U.S.

The shopping cart online is integrated with UPS, which is how we usually send product orders, but it's not how we mail the Sisterhood envelopes. For Sisterhood membership packets, we always adjust the shipping price before charging the credit card, and we mail the envelopes through the U.S. Postal Service.

Debbie, your membership will ship this week, and we'll change the shipping to the correct amount, $1.17.

Everyone ordering Sisterhood memberships online can just ignore the quoted shipping price, and we'll correct it here before charging the card.

Thanks again, everyone!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sunny,
That helps to clear this up. I didnt recall that back when I signed up.. So now we can remind the new gals if the question comes up again!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  2:48:12 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking will some thing be sent out when the membership is going to expire. I don't wan't t miss a thing.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  3:22:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Diana,

We have a schedule to let everyone know when their membership is due to expire, but you can also check the date on your certificate. It shows your name, your Sisterhood number, and your membership expiration date.

Thanks again, everyone, for asking such great questions! Hopefully, others will find these answers helpful, too!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sunny
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  4:55:18 PM  Show Profile
You're very welcome! :)

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Question about the Sisterhood... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page