Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Thumb Piano projects for kids!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Thumb Piano projects for kids! Next Topic  

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  2:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
These are so fun! My husband and I are in our 20's and still love to make these as if we were 6!

The first link is a real easy one, but you can get more creative with the supplies, like some of the real "artsy" ones in the second link.

I would love to hear about it if any of you do this prject with your kids! Be sure and post pictures too! I'm working on getting some up too Ü

http://www.satisfied-mind.com/make/thumb-piano.htm

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/05/10/reimagined-diy-thumb-pianos-amplified-electrified-and-with-faux-fur/

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran

Edited by - tempestastrali on Aug 16 2008 2:43:11 PM

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2008 :  9:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Magdelina:
I love the thumb piano project. I teach music in lower elementary schools. I think I'll do this project for the lower grades. How cute! Thanks for posting this.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  10:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
Yeah, I think this would be a really cool little project to do with children in a classroom - more children need to be introduced to playing music early in life! Hope it's fun Ü

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Thumb Piano projects for kids! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page