Page: of 2

LynnDinKY
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Kentucky
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  06:02:43 AM  Show Profile
I'm not professional by any means. I can play the piano and sing, just not at the same time. hee-hee. I'm currently a back up singer for our worship leader at church. I've sung at many weddings and funerals and even some baby dedications. I've played the piano for church and some weddings. But I'm rusty on that right now.

I'm currently learning how to play the violin. I can belt out a mean, screeching Twinkle, twinkle little star. My kids start howling when I start playing. LOL.

We really could use a music room/library at our home. We have a major set of drums, three guitars, 2 violins, and a piano. We could use some horns. My youngest, who is getting ready to turn 5, wants a "bitar" ( guitar) for his birthday and askes for an instrument everytime we go to the store.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  12:09:41 PM  Show Profile
I play the piano.
I just make a "Joyfull Noise"
Ha. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  6:08:09 PM  Show Profile
I played the clarinet, bass clarinet, & oboe in elementary and high school. (some 47 years ago)--wonder if I could pick it up again???
I play the piano at church. I'm just a mediocre player. I begged and begged my mom to let me take lessons. She finally agreed and bought me a piano. After a couple of years I got tired of practicing and talked her into letting me quit the lessons. Oh how I wish she had not let me. I really admire a good piano player. Ones who "play by ear" are especially fascinating to me.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

tempestastrali
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

magdelina
mississippi
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  6:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Send tempestastrali an AOL message
Yes, I greatly admire musicians who play by ear. I always wanted to learn piano, my choral instructor used to tell me all the time that my hands were made for the keys - i have long fingers and very flexible hands - but all I can do is play around, not play!

"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" Emily Dickinson
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." ~ ~Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Musicians in the House? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page