Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 things on your personal "to do" list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic things on your personal "to do" list Next Topic
Page: of 2

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  1:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My To-Do list is so long. I want to do everything from crafts to cleaning. I always try to fit in some of the fun things, doing just the work things gets to me. Everytime I scratch something from the list it always gets replaced with something new! I don't mind, its just there so I don't forget!!
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  09:39:00 AM  Show Profile
my to do list has become a lot simpler since my baby came. the thing that is always on the top of my list now is to kiss him a lot!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  09:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have been journaling about this very question. My old list was have a clean house, finish a craft, etc, etc..now my new mantra is "Just live..." I forgot about the living part of each day and am making an extra effort to do the things that TRULY matter to me, like swimming, playing outside ALOT with Charlie and exploring, creating a home that is filled with memories and truly is representative of who lives here and not what others THINK it should be. Boy..I got busy last week. I declutter 4 bins of stuff to donate and I got all my cool kooky beachy stuff up and NOW my house looks like us, reflects who I am.

I used to be a list maker and realized I never accomplished much because it wasn't truly what I wanted to do or who I was. Now, I got with who I am and I am finding I like my life a lot better now.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Just want to leave a clean house when I have to go to a nursing home or die. I had the chore (and honor) of having to do my mom's house. They had lived there for over 50 years and you can imagine the stuffffffffff. So, when I don't feel so good, I go clean something just in case I don't get over what ever it is.
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  6:40:07 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Oh my goodness, thanks for your post Heather, I needed to be reminded to just live, I get so caught up in "to do's" that I forget there is more to life than chores or checking off the list every day...go girl

Belle,I loved your post and I know you were serious about stuffffffffffff. I really identified with when you aren't feeling well, after a 5 year long season of illness, I really thought I wouldn't recover but I am a cleaning nut now for that very reason...I got a chuckle from your post, but it wasn't a bit funny back then, and I am sure somedays not for you either. thank you...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic things on your personal "to do" list Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page