Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 things on your personal "to do" list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic things on your personal "to do" list Next Topic
Page: of 2

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  5:53:10 PM  Show Profile
What are some of the things on your personal "to do" list? For example....
I would like to learn how to knit, how to sew, how to bake bread (not in my bread machine) and how to speak french fluently (right now, je parl un petite peu)
anyway.....how 'bout you?

"learn to watch snails" SARK

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  5:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
the only thing on my to do list right now is to unpack..
I want to get back to baking my own bread. tackle a bigger quilt.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
http://modernmanna.org
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  7:19:21 PM  Show Profile
On my to do list is get my house put back together after putting down the new floors and doing the bedroom. I also would like to learn how to knit properly and maybe start quilting again.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  12:23:56 AM  Show Profile
Some of my things on my Want-to-Do list is to make a quilt, speak fluent French and Spanish.
I'd also like to have 17 cats inside my house, but hubby doesn't like that too much. LOL
Marly
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  07:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Mel!!!

We could take French together!!!! Oh wait, like the distance of half this continent would make scheduling a prob, wouldn't it?!?!

Besides the French, I would like to write a Great childrens book, and learn how to mosaic "perfectly"--i can do it, but it's not the greatest right now.

Two of the things I wanted to learn--knitting and belly dancing--are off the to-do list, because I am taking classes for both starting in 2 weeks!!! I'm so excited!!!!!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  07:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I would love to go whitewater rafting, learn to play the fiddle, get all the quilting projects in my head completed, actually live on our property in Idaho, Oh, Lordy, the list could go on and on, I wouldn't be able to die cause I have to much to do, lol.

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  08:16:08 AM  Show Profile
I would like to start with my bedroom asap.
I would love to find a nice job, one day :D
Learn to quilt properly
Travel to Thailand and the USA again

And SO many others I can't even begin to write them down :D

(Only Elvis is a black kitten :) )

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  08:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Now that it's cooler I want to start baking wheat bread. I also want to get my hands (nails) back into looking like a human has them! Susan
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  08:35:10 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if there's enough space or time to list all the things I'd like to learn to do, but my immediate ones would be move to the country and do organic gardening, raise chickens for eggs, raise a few goats, oh yeah and alpacas too so I'd have the roving to try and do better spinning than I do now!

Sew and quilt and weave. I've always been fascinated by weaving looms.

I'd love to be able to design knitting patterns and write a knitting book,especially for we lefthanded knitters!

I'd love to open my own yarn shop, which would have a great big table for everyone to just hang out to sit, knit, chat, and of course there'd be homemade goodies to snack on.

Okay, that's enough (for now anyway!...LOL)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile
learn to knit socks. finish the addition, and clean my sewing room.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  09:33:00 AM  Show Profile
I want to learn to knit dishclothes, and to can stuff. I would also like to learn to make a rag rug, and tatting but those are farther down my list.
It seems I've got the knitting dishclothes thing lined up for my farmgirl chapter...we've got a gal who will teach us basic knitting, then a month later a lady who will teach us how to do the dishcloths...
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/

Edited by - fionalovesshrek on Aug 16 2008 09:34:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  2:38:18 PM  Show Profile
I would love to learn piano and violin/fiddle.

Open a craft/fabric store in my shed.

Learn how to work on cars. I already know how to check/change oil, tires, fluids, filters, etc. I want to be able to change the gas pump, water pump, brakes, radiator hoses, oil gaskets; you know, the kind of stuff that breaks down all the time and costs a fortune to have someone fix for you.

I'd love to learn upholstery.

And someday, take classes to become a master gardener.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  2:55:48 PM  Show Profile
Catch up on my scrapbooking since I am behind on that. I would love to learn to quilt. There a dozen other things.....but those are two.

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  10:20:33 AM  Show Profile
WOW!! those are great lists ladies...anyone going to try to do one of them at least?

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  10:56:03 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, I'm going to go take sewing lessons--a new place has opened just up the street from me, and they offer all types of lessons in fiber art and sewing, so I'm really excited! After I learn the basics of my machine (which is still in the brand new box, unopened from 4 years ago), I'm going to try my hand at making a couple of baby items for our new addition.

On other personal agendas: get rid of the living room carpet and paint the floors..I obsess over it constantly and never seem to have the time to do it. This week, I promised myself!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  12:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I want to learn to shuttle tat. Learn Spanish. Learn to play the doghouse bass. And be the proud owner of one of those little campers. Also would love to keep my house as clean as I once did...you think getting older makes a difference?...I cant ever seem to get it all clean at once. Also, want to learn to say NO. For the last 2 weeks I have worked everyday at my job (Cooperative Extension Office) and had some kind of communitty service meeting every night but one. I am pooped. I have got to have a life for me...it is very rewarding helping others but I am spreading it to thin. I need ME time. Going to try to take in the Fall Farmgirl gatherings.

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

My new blog!
http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com

Edited by - downbranchroad on Aug 17 2008 12:35:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile
I don't really want to learn anything new just finish the projects I have so I don't have so many on my list are not done yet or half finished. I have quilts,dolls and knitting to finish. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

whiteraven
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Christa
Kansas City MO
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  10:21:51 PM  Show Profile
I have a list of things a mile long to do. In fact I have the things I need to do list, things that will need to get done in the next month or so list, and the things I will eventually learn to do list.

First on my list is finishing my bathroom renovation, my ongoing project of forever. A little at a time will get it done eventually, right?

I always have several sewing projects to do -quilting, dolls, halloween costumes for my three girls.

On my things I will eventually learn in the violin. I love its sound! I also want to add spinning, weaving, and felting. And writing a book for children!

I have crossed off learning to knit. I inherited my grandmas needles, and thought they needed to be used. I'm not great, and haven't done anything but scarves, but guess what everyone got for Christmas last year!

whiteraven

Life is what you make it!

Edited by - whiteraven on Aug 17 2008 11:21:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  04:40:06 AM  Show Profile
oh yes..Jonni, I want to learn how to sew as well! And I did rip up the only carpet that was in the upstairs hallway. It's been something that I have been meaning to do for years...now that the baby is coming, Ithought it would be a good time to do it now. Much to my delight...hardwood floor underneath...the big wide plank kind! Yippeee!

Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  08:01:39 AM  Show Profile
Well here's a few things off the top of my head..

Create an English paper-pieced quilt (start this winter!)
Learn how to knit socks (youtube has some great tutorials!)
Become fluent in French or Norwegian
Take ballet again (if only I could find a dance school nearby)
Travel to England every year
Rent a cottage for a month one summer on PEI with my best girlfriend. Pretend we're Anne and Diana.
Own our own house.
Travel by boat up the Nile.

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  1:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Okay, this year's list is:
Get the chicken house ready for chickens next year
Build the greenhouse in the latest MJF issue and plant winter greens
Remodel the bathroom
Make all my christmas gifts this year
Knit a sweater (have done scarves/bags)
Sew a dress
Revisit my french so I can speak fluently when I go to France next year

Last year I made myself a similar list, stuck it in a cookbook and forgot about it. I found it in June and I had actually accomplished about 2/3 of what was on it - made me feel a lot better about the year:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile
It was really interesting reading everyones to do list. It must be my age because I am so content to do the things I do right now. Take care of my goats and bunnies and doggies and sew and knit and read. I have always wanted to go to australia but at my age I may or may not and I am ok with that. I better think of some more things to do I guess.!!!!! hehehehehehe Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  05:04:42 AM  Show Profile
you're right Beverly...it is interesting to read everyone's list

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  05:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Way too many things on my list of things to do, but for starters, I want to spread my wings with my weaving, build a raised bed garden, learn to knit, stretch my canning skills (I just learned to use a pressure canner this year, and can't WAIT to do more!), build my chicken coop, get a Jersey to milk and make butter, cheese and just generally work diligently towards our goal of becoming 85-95% self sufficient!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  11:55:37 AM  Show Profile
HA! HOW LONG YOU GOT??? thank goodness for my 'palm' pilot .. that is endless in the things i can list and flip around as priorities change! i've got enuff fun stuff on my list to last several more lifetimes! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  12:05:11 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful question. There are so many things that I would love to learn to do, such as...

I would love to learn to play the harp, weave baskets, raise chickens (I want some chickens so badly and I just bought a book titled 'Keeping Chickens' that I love) learn to paint (I love Donna Dewberry and her one stroke painting) and so many other things.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic things on your personal "to do" list Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page