Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 injury recovery questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic injury recovery questions Next Topic  

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  08:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
a good chunk of my finger nail and the tip of my finger that is under the nail got cut off yesterday. teach me to tach a kid to use a rotary cutter! i spent over an hour in the ER yesterday and wont be doing much for at least the next week! We could not get the bleeding to stop, and here in lies my question. i need to make some blood!! I am frequentlt anemic, now have thin blood, am four months pregnant and can eat NO sugar!I also cant take iron tab, i just eat alot of raisins and other high iron foods. so do you have any suggestions. I would really like the dizziness to go away, even if it keeps me still and the finger from throbbing!I will talk to my doc on monday but that seems so long away!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  11:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Tami,
oooh Ouch!!Sounds like a painful injury for sure. Not too sure what you could do for the throbbing other than to keep it elevated.
For the anemia you might want to explore the herb nettles,
(sometimes called stinging nettles)It is very high in iron and other beneficial minerals.
If you are a tea drinker could be a really good addition to the raisins, beets, etc.It is also perfectly safe to use while pregnant and often recommended mixed half and half with raspberry leaf for pregnancy.

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien

Edited by - BlueEggBabe on Oct 29 2005 11:22:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  12:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Tami,
I hope that you get to feeling better soon! If you are able to eat liver, red meat, eggs, or green leafy vegies, that will help out with your iron levels.

Hope this helps and hope you get to feeling better!
Jessica

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  3:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Broccoli has been recomended to me as a good source. Since I love broccoli that is an easy one. I sure hope you feel better soon!!!

Jenny in Utah
Put all your eggs in one basket..and then watch that basket!! Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  5:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Spinach is excellent for iron...try a spinach salad sprinkled with almonds, and a Raspberry vinagerette dressing! It worked for Popeye! Liver is also excellent...if you can stand it....sprinkle wheat germ on breakfast food and fruits. Some legumes (beans and nuts) are a good source of iron too. When I was pregger I craved beanie weanies...high in salt, but also high in iron too!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

thehouseminder
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  08:31:57 AM  Show Profile
I hope you are feeling better today Tami!

I read your post yesterday but didn't have any useful advice to offer. It sounded so painful, I practically had to go and lie down myself! I'm such a wimp.

Anyway, I hope you and the little one are feeling strong!

Much love,
Lucinda

When we were young, there were moments of such perfectly crystallized happiness that we stood stock still and silently promised ourselves that we would remember them always. And we did. --Holly J. Burkhalter , "Four Midwestern Sisters' Christmas Book"

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  08:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Well, Tami, Monday is here and I hope you got in to talk to your doctor. Everyone above has given you excellent advice on dietary intakes. I want to remind you that ice takes away so much pain. Even if your wound is not brand new, putting a small ice pack around your finger several times during the day and evening will sooth it a lot, and make the swelling and the nerve endings( of which there are many in fingertips!) feel better.
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  10:04:43 AM  Show Profile
For veggies, any dark leafy green is packed with iron. Are you taking you pregnacy vitamin? Taking an extra B complex vitamin will help with the anemia problem. B12 is very important in the blood. I think on the trobbing problem, I sure there is sometime we can do.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  3:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Well, the good news is the dizziness is gone! the pain is more bearable, i have had to take less pain meds! the organic eggs, broccoli, and spinich are always a part of my diet. i have always heard that those nasty stnging neetles are god for us, but i have been bitten too often, so i am still hesitant to try, but maybe i can find a packaged tea and bypass the visual!lol
i have trouble with the ice because my hands are so sensitive to cold. but elevation is helping, and i masssage the area around itand the good circulation helps. i unwrapped it for the first time today and it all looks real healthy! so i am on the upswing! creativity is going to be on hold for some time.... now i need a very soft thimble, or cotton inside one that is too big?

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  4:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Ha!! Tami,
Hard to believe those hairy little stinging buggers are so nutricious!! You would be wise to just buy it in a teabag....not even remotely similiar to the living plant. They are good to eat in the spring, though but just one step at a time!!
Glad to hear you are on the upswing.

BEB

www.feedsackfarmgirls.blogspot.com
"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic injury recovery questions Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page