Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Sisterhood of the traveling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Sisterhood of the traveling Next Topic
Page: of 12

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2008 :  7:59:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Brenda of course it isn't to late, consider yourself added...... we will keep referring to this thread everytime someone needs to choose who to send the apron and Journal too..... REMEMBER~ whoever has the apron and journal at the time of the Buggy,Barter and Boogie needs to make sure it makes it back to me or someone who will be attending the BBB so we can read it.. after the event we will send it on its way again.

Michelle suggested we sign it~ SO feel free~ I did~

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  12:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Rene, how do we know who to send the apron and journal to, and how do we get their address?
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:04:14 AM  Show Profile
I would love to be in on this! This is so funny! It started as a joke when Huckleberry Wine and I were talking about "Traveling Farmgirls" and then she thought of "Traveling Aprons" and then Rene took it from there . . . true farmgirl creating! LOL! This will be fun! I would do it for our chapter (Farmgirl Blessings) here in Spokane! Count us in!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  09:39:11 AM  Show Profile
:) Teresa Sue, I think it is up to the one who gets the apron to look at the gals waving their arms asking for it next to choose who it will go to. If, like Past Blessings mentions, your whole chapter wants to take a turn while it is in your neck of the woods, then the last farmgirl comes back to this thread and chooses a new destination. You can click on someone's name and request an address from her. Of course, we need to post here when we have it so we can keep track of where the apron is. Am I close to the idea, Rene?

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  3:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Michelle... Perfect description~ Teressa did you get all that? It was all maied last week so we should be hearing about it arriving anytime~ and we'll go from there.... Also keep in mind that whomever has it around the time for Buggy, Barter and Boogie will need to get it to us so we can ALL read the journal while we are there as a group.. then we can either pass it back or pass it on....If there is a specific time you are hoping it will show up..don't be afraid to post it (and repost it) to keep it out in front of everyone. Michelle also had the idea of signing it.. So please feel free to do so....

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  4:23:16 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited...this is great! I can't wait to see the first person's posting!!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  5:23:31 PM  Show Profile
The traveling apron has ARRIVED in Tennessee!! It is sooooo cute, I tore open the package tied on the apron and just sat down to read the first entry in the journal! I am so proud to have the apron! I wrote a small entry in the journal and tucked it away for safe keeping, I suppose I will keep an update on its travels while in my possesion! Oh Happy Day!! Rene, I was wondering, should I put my name on the inside where the lavender is solid or make a patch for the front? Thanks for choosing me first, I will take good care of the Traveling Apron! Hugs:)

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  05:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Oh, this is fun! Thanks for the info girls, I understand how it gets to everyone now. Can't wait. Sorry I missed you all at the Buggy Barn Quilt show.
Warmly,
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly~ YEA!!!! I love knowing that it started here and now.. there it is offering HUGS to you~ As far as where you can write your name~ either place is great~ whatever floats your boat.. NO RULES other then we keep passing it on~

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  10:38:21 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Our lovely shared apron is so lucky to get to visit and travel. Thanks for starting this....I'm keeping track.

One Day at a time.
By the Grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Aug 27 2008 5:37:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  2:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I think I need to get a US map and pins so we can document where it has been... over time. I cannot wait to hear all the stories.

Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  3:21:13 PM  Show Profile
May I join in to, being a newbie and all? Sounds like great fun.

I'm going to join the sisterhood soon, do I need to join that first?

An apron with a journey, what a tale it will have. Does the apron have a name?

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  05:02:22 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering about addys...do you need them Rene? also...a few of us on this list will be a Frannie's Gathering in October...could we get that to work and then send it on to the next person?

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  08:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
HI Amy~ as for address, I was thinking that the person that has the Apron, would contact the person she is sending the Apron to.. and get the address that way. My hope is that we will only send it to the people on this thread that have "joined" in on the fun... FIRST.. then to whomever one thinks may enjoy it. As far as your event in Sept. I know that Frannie posted this earlier and I know that gals will do all they can to "share" in the "farmgirl way". I would suggest that you email Kelly direct and get her thoughts and plans and see if you all can make arrangments as I know she has an "event" as well. I just know it will all work out.

I really love that so many of us have connected with this idea~ and if One apron seems to be moving "to slowly" then there simply are no "rules" that say we cannot add another Apron. We would just need to call them "Apron one and Apron two" ) as to know which one someone is getting or has had.... Just let me know.

I will be away from the computer a couple of days as I get to help the Queen Bee herself with the Grand Opening of her new Store in Coeur d' alene, ID and I will be heading over this morning.(I am at the farm now). But rest assured I will catch you all Monday and read all about the ideas for what we can or should do. I am taking all of you with me to Coeur d Alene this weekend, and I will do my best to represent all the farmgirls and sisters (sisterhood) well.

Linda Ellen~ While I cannot wait for you to join the sisterhood (beings that I am the sisterhood coordinator, and really would love for all the farmgirls to be in the sisterhood:), no~ you don't have to be one to join in on the Apron fun!

On Monday I will post all the names of the gals that have asked to get the apron onto one list~ then we can all just refer to that as time goes on.

In case you are wondering why I chose Kelly~ Other then.. why not Kelly... I did so, because her name and address just showed up in my inbox that morning and I loved the thought that she was a long way away,so that the apron didnt just get "stuck" in WA or locally... While it would have been easy to send it to all the amazing local farmgirls, I thought it best to "launch it" out as far as I could and see where it lands..............

I think Miss Wilma and Frannie are both having gatherings coming up, Is that correct? I cannot tell you how much I wish I could be there for both of them, you all have way to much fun! Maybe I will make two little rag dolls that resemble me and send one to each~ and you can perch me on the fense post so I can take it all in :)

Go to Top of Page

farminmama
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jen
Florida
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  11:20:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!!!

Count me in! I would love to get it and sign it! Pick me, pick me!!!

Jen
sweetheart to Harley
mama to 3 beautiful angels...^i^ ^i^ ^i^
Farmgirl Sister #151
Go to Top of Page

KYLinny
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Linda
Ft. Thomas Kentucky
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  1:50:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here, but love journaling and love aprons and hope to get together sometime this year or next with all my KY farmgirl sisters.

Linny
KYLinny - member #313

If you are a farmgirl that gets the Apron and Journal and are a part of a chapter~ your chapter might want to meet and "read the journal"...

If you want to be on the mailing list~ leave your name here~ I have the Apron and Journal and it will leave Prosser sometime in the next week wont it be fun to read of its adventures~

[/quote]

Remember you are not alone. There is no place where the love of GOD cannot reach you.
blessings, prayers, and hugs,
Linny
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  1:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Rene, If you want to perch on a fence post at Wilma's send a doll this way! :) I'll bring ya with me!! To funny, but am serious. I love the apron and am gonna wear it to my farm tonight, I can't wait until my house is finished!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

LunaTheFarmLady
True Blue Farmgirl

448 Posts

Luna
Rineyville KY
USA
448 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  2:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Rene

I will be at BOTH Miss Wilma's and at Frannie's. This has got to be one of the biggest double gathering of farm girls combined. If it works for all, I would be happy to ferry it around both gatherings and then send it on it's way. Lucky me, I get to live in Kentucky which so often feels likee the center of the country!!!

Luna The Farm Lady
http://blueballmountainspindleneedleworks.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  3:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Room for one more?
I'd love to jump in on this! I've done round robin journals but a traveling apron is brilliant!
I, too, will be at Miss Wilma's!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  3:56:12 PM  Show Profile
Maybe you can post a list (in all you spare time! LOL!) showing the order it will be going from farmgirl to farmgirl, that way we can be assured no one accidently gets left out . . . I am so paranoid . . . I always seem to be omitted accidently from things! And now my poor son has inherited my luck . . . at the Jr. Livestock Auction they lost his pig on the list twice! LOL!

Thanks for organizing this Rene!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, it happens to me too...maybe it's a "Brenda" thing. LOL :O)

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  09:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Rene- Add me to the list I would love to see it and give it a tour of my little town!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  10:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Yes, maybe it is a "Brenda thing!" I always sing the Nat King Cole song "Unforgettable" as "Forgettable!" LOL!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  06:33:54 AM  Show Profile
"Forgettable"...Oh I like that one! :O) I'm going to sing it too next time it happens to me! LOL!

I can't wait to get the apron and read the journal, it is going to be so much fun to read where it has been before me!

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  09:21:00 AM  Show Profile
You know, it might be a lot of fun to come up with our own farmgirl lyrics to good old classics in time to share (karaoke) next year at the big get-together on the 4th of July. We talked about that at the store openning, and I know some gals are working on one to a Beatles tune...

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Sisterhood of the traveling Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page