dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  10:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Since I have been on this website, I have gotten a glimpse at the homes of everyone. There are so many people who have a great sense of design, color, and imagination, that I was thinking that it would be fun to collectively do some makeovers. If you have a room (or even part of a room) that you are dying to do something new with, but can't figure out what to do, please send a picture. Let everyone look at your project and give ideas about what to do. Then you can send in an "after" picture for us all to see. Maybe we can all get some great ideas along with you, and feel like we all became a little part of your home.

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  11:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Great idea! This site has such a wealth of information from all the farmgirls. Would also be something to include in the magazine- "Room for a farmgirl makeover!" Or something like that. Awesome!

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Tammy
Port Orford Oregon
60 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  5:00:03 PM  Show Profile
Count me in, I'll try and get some pictures together this weekend. How do we post them?

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  2:06:06 PM  Show Profile
I am retarded when it comes to anything computer related. I am guessing that you can link your pictures to this site. Please, someone, explain this better than I (that would be anyone).
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

74 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
74 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2005 :  9:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi sorry I didn't follow-up to my posting. I had tech. difficulties, and was just recently able to sign back on with a new user name. I would still really like to take pictures and get everyone’s input.

My dilemma- in the past my furniture was white. Anything I put on it or around it, looked great. But when I recovered my furniture with a dark denim, I felt like the room and accessories were to dark. But I also knew I didn’t want to paint everything white around it. So I was stumped until I the other morning when I saw a couple of hat boxes that had everything I was looking for. The hat boxes have a textured taupe color on the background and then the floral print is in Pinks, wines, shades of blue and green.

So my next step will be to paint the living room with a light and dark taupe. I’ll probably do a faux textured look. I can’t wait to see how it comes out.

Next I would like to come up with a window treatment that will compliment the sheers I currently have up.

I hope this makes sense. I’ll post pictures so you can see what I am talking about.
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2005 :  12:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Tammy, you got it covered with the taupe paint to go with denim! Denim is extremely flexible, but the key with it is simple versitality. Sheers just are too lightweight, but a good linen (like in off white maybe, to contrast with the taupe walls) curtain could do you proud. If you wanted to insert a little elegance or fun with the room, you could take some antique lace and add it to the edge of the curtains, or a ribbon in another color, or in taupe again... have fun!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  3:16:06 PM  Show Profile
Tammy .. your ideas to lighten up your rooms .. sounds great .. and surrounding yourself with things you love .. is just the icing on the cake!

Can hardly wait to see your pictures!

p.s. i like Lynn's idea of replacing the sheers with linen .. a heavier look with the heavier denim.

And taupe is a great shade that goes with a lot of colors!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Let's Do Makeovers! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page