Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 It's official - I'm in the sisterhood!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's official - I'm in the sisterhood! Next Topic  

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  5:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I just logged on an the emblem was there! WOO HOO!!! The paperwork and badge didn't come in the mail yet so I don't know my number but, WOO HOO! I'm a farmgirl sister! And to top it off the MJ magazine parcel + 2 came in the mail today.

In the "Awwwww" department, I've been so caught up with finding y'all that my mind has been a bit scattered this week. Today one of the "kids" from our congregation got married and I had the time wrong in my head and missed it. It was an hour earlier than I thought. Why can't I ever get things wrong in my favor - like remembering the wedding time an hour later so that I would have been early instead of missing it??? Oh well, I took my magazines, laid on the bed and had a little pity party. I'm over it now - at least mostly over it.

But WOO HOO! I'm in the sisterhood!

God bless -
Karen

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  5:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Karen!

Welcome! You are going to love it here. This is the best group of ladies that I have met in a long time. Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile
Karen!
Congratulations to you.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  12:51:33 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Karen! Isn't it a fun feeling! Do you know what merit badge you will work on first?? I just applied for my first one...the beginner buttoned up badge!!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  05:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Karen and welcome to the Sisterhood! When I got my magazine bundle I sat and read them all in a day!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  06:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats Karen! Welcome to the Sisterhood!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  11:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Karen! You'll have so much fun here.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  12:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Wahoooooooooooo I too jumped right on the wagon.. I am waiting for my number & badge too! Thanks all for introducing yourselves to me when I signed on to this fabulous site.

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  1:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, girls! I'm so excited.

Chelsey, I'm going for the beginner's crochet badge first. I picked up the yarn Saturday and have made three already! Thanks for mentioning the buttoned up badge - I think I'll start that one next. I have several jars of buttons already but I want to do this the way my grandma did. She sewed them onto strips of cardboard - the thick stuff that's used for boxes. One of the buttons was made from my dad's toenail - it was growing too long (she thought) so she trimmed it when he was sleeping and made a little button out of it. My cousin inherited the collection but that's ok because I got her sewing basket which is what I really wanted.

Cheryl - have you thought about what project will be your first?

God bless -
Karen

Farmgirl Sister #??? (to be filled in after I get my badge)
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  7:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
hey Karen how exciting~ Dont you just love it? I keep feeling so excited about all the things I am learning and all the things I am accomplishing~Welcome to the sisterhood

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  05:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, Chelsey - It looks like my next project will be an apron (while I'm working on the Button Up). I was hanging clothes on the line the other day and thought "I wish I had a pocket to put these clothespins in......I need an apron!" I'd already found the material for it in my long-forgotten stash in the basement and was going to make one "soon." Hopefully soon will happen this week.

God bless -
Karen

Farmgirl Sister #??? (to be filled in after I get my badge)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
My packet came today...........I am officially official...........#311.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  2:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy, my girl! There's a whole 'nother world waitin' for ya! Click on 'Home' at the top of this page, then go to 'Join the Farmgirl Sisterhood.' Here's the link: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/

You can be a part of a local farmgirl chapter (or start one - wouldn't that be amazing!) or part of an online chapter (I just joined the Junkin' Farmgirls). Members of the sisterhood have the hexagon under their online name. You can earn merit badges! Check it out - let me know what you think!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  3:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Sista #311! Glad your packet arrived. Have fun working on the badges!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  4:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I'm waiting for my packet and for my emblem to show up too. I talked to Sunny at MJ's farm this morning tho and she told me my #. I can't wait. It's so hard to decide which badge to start on!
I'm really enjoying reading all of your posts and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.
Teresa Sue

Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's official - I'm in the sisterhood! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page