KellyA
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

Kelly
Johnsonville NY
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  07:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KellyA an AOL message
I work at a middle/high school, and I couldn't believe the buzz among all the girls with these books! I also work at a local library, and we have had Twilight on our shelves for a couple of years, so I thought I would take a look...wouldn't you know it was out, and I ended up being #177 on the request list!!! Fortunately, one of my students lent me their copy and I finished it in a few hours. I have New Moon now, but havent' started it. I enjoyed the first one, and appreciated the absence of swearing and sex that seem to have become the norm for other young adult writers.

Kelly
When a cookbook is in hand, life is good!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  07:58:59 AM  Show Profile
My oldest Grand daughter. 13. Loves the series. She also loved the movie. I ordered her all four books on the series. Seems to be a pretty big thing with the girls.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  08:11:04 AM  Show Profile
I've only read the first book in the series so far and really enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed the movie even more. My husband went with me but he wasn't as impressed. He looked at me and said 'chick flick'. Oh well, I really liked it anyway and now I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Kristine,
Thanks for the advice. I will keep reading since I have heard that so many people love the way the fourth book ends.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

kim9365
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Kimberly
Salem Ohio
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  1:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Read twilight and just got finished with new moon. good books! Cant wait to read #3.

http://thehouseonthehill-kim.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  1:32:51 PM  Show Profile
My hubby bought me New Moon for Christmas. He's going to wrap it up and put in under the tree. I can't wait until Christmas to get started reading it!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Lainey on Dec 15 2008 1:33:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  11:54:20 AM  Show Profile
The fella and I have read all the books (well, he's still reading the fourth), but we went to watch the movie last night and it was great and soo funny (although I think I laughed at all the wrong times, lol). It was such a good portrayal of high school life, the angst, the tension, and the actors (for the most part) looked like they were actually teenagers (not 20 somethings pretending). The movie captured the absolute awkwardness at the beginning between Edward and Bella so well..

The best bit though was that the rest of the theatre was filled with teen girls, and when Edward first came on the screen there were a lot of whistles, giggles, and even one shout of 'Sexy!'. Lol! The fella and I really enjoyed ourselves, it was great! And lucky us, we got to drive home in our very own stupid shiny volvo... =;-p

We did decide though, that if you hadn't read the books, the movie wouldn't be nearly so good, kinda of like the latest harry potter movies. You need the background info of the books to understand all the references in the movie.

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  12:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree! Reading the books makes the movies so much better!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Reading Room: Previous Topic Twlight Series Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page