Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Need Scrapbookers Advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need Scrapbookers Advice Next Topic  

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  2:03:17 PM  Show Profile
My church group has decided to make and sell Gift Jars as a fund raiser. Lucky me gets to organize it all! We are using canning jars and I'd like to put the ingredients on the jars as well as provide the recipe to complete the item. I do not have access to a Xryon machine but was wondering if they make an adhesive tape that would adhere paper to the glass. I've only recently started dabbling in making my own cards so am not fully aware of all the products that are out there or what they will work on.

(We are planning on hanging the recipe card from raffia)

Any suggestions?
Audrey

"Let us greet with a song of hope each day"

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  5:24:36 PM  Show Profile
You can print things on adhesive sheets and make your own labels, use oversized labels, or use glue and just glue them on. Of course, there is likely expensive fancy stuff out there, but those choices would be my "cheap" ideas! THey sell all kinds and sizes of adhesive labels at the office supply stores you can print on your home computer.

What kinds of things are you making??

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  5:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Great ideas! We are trying to raise money for our Awana kids. We will be making choc. chip brownies and cookies, butterscotch cookies and snickerdoodles. Banana Bread, a crazy cake, cherry-berry bread. Chicken Noodle, Minestrone, 3 Bean and Beef Barley Soup. Chai Tea, Hot Cocoa, herbed rice and finally a snack mix. Lots of work but I think we should do well with a good variety.

Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  7:50:56 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Angie, Office supplies large or small labels , you can buy them self-stick. also you could attach recipe on recipe card, hole punched and a strip of fabric to tie on with. very country looking.

debinmtns #63
http://www.handcraftedncreated.blogspot.com
http://www.abunchofcountryswappingals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  8:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks. I kept thinking they would have something like a do it yourself sticker. I know you can do your own custom sized lamination so why not stickers. I'll be heading to the office supply store tomorrow since I need to get them printed. We're are assembling the jars on Sunday so I'd best get to it!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  9:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Places like Wal-Mart and Office Depot sell "Name Tags" that you can run through your printer from a company called "Avery". They are the perfect Label size. I have used them for the farmers market on my items and they stick to glass just fine. Also Avery.com has some online software that can help design labels- even adding pictures and things. Microsoft Word is also Avery compatible so that makes it easy as well.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need Scrapbookers Advice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page