Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ~Good Tues. Morning~ Next Topic  

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  01:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
I can't sleep, there was a storm at 4:33 which woke up all the kids, now they are falling aback to sleep but I can't!!

What are your plans for today?

I'm gonna make beef stew and have a visit with my mom in the afternoon. Clean alittle and see what the day brings, play with the kids....

Enjoy your Day!

Heart of Ohio Chapter Member

My Etsy.com Storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5531954
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  02:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I'm going job hunting, need to buy a sheet to back my Grandson's quilt and then hopefully nap, as like you I have been up most of the night unable to sleep. When DH is done working, it will be our date night. Every Tuesday night is date night. If the sun is shining or at least not raining we will take a motorcycle ride and then come home for a yummy dinner of marinated chicken, roasted farm fresh carrots and a pasta salad of some sort. Happy Tuesday!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  05:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Working and then when I get off going to the Nursing Home to be with my Mom. Then hopefully will get home in time to do some laundry and a bit of cleaning.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  05:19:50 AM  Show Profile
heather .. i love our daily journaling ... this morning .. i'm going to start tagging treasures .. then take them to glovers' station ... hank told me last night .. we are getting HOT weather today! then i have a dentist appointment (teeth cleaning) .. then i'll have a coupla' hours to jus' play around .. i think i'll go visit friend, Pamela's BEEHIND THYME shope and say howdy to her .. then the TOE doc to check on my little piggie .. THEN .. well, it's TUESDAY again .. sooo this evening, i think i'll go help paint BARN QUILT BOARDS!

xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  05:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Cross your fingers!! I think my insomnia spell has passed over. I slept really good the other night, the night after ~ fair and slept like a rock last night. But I tell you before that I was lucky to get 2 to 4 hours a night. If I wasn't slap happy, I was oscar the grouch. Everyone around me is sooo much happier. I think it was all the tea I was drinking that was keeping me up.

Ah well anyhoo... I'm off to work here in a jiffy. Wanted to stop in see what you gals were up to 'fore I headed off. I have a really short day. A spot clean that generally takes me only a couple of hours and I feel kinda silly cause I don't really wanna go. But I think it's cause yesterday I had the day off and had 6 kids running the house. I think I'd rather stay home and clean my house instead. Believe me it needs it! Well it will still be here when I get back.

Heather thanks for reminding me. I always forget to sit something out for supper and then spend a good 30 minutes scratchin my head tryin to figure out what we're gonna have. Sooo tonight it's some small steaks to throw on the grill. Probably some mac and cheese and veggies to go with. I love summer time only cause I get to cook outside. I love grilled food. And BBQ sauce! mmmmmm But I don't smother my steak in BBQ sauce just my burgers and chicken.

Oh well gotta go. Have a great day!!
Lotsa Hugz~ Melanie

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. Helen Keller "http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/ ~shop~ http://www.brokenin.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  06:53:26 AM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, hope you get your motorcycle ride today -- sounds fun and dangerous to me -- I'm not one to love danger! My first and last time on a motorcycle was with my teenaged brother (who is now 50+) down gravel country roads and I hung on for dear life. Ha! But you love it, I'm sure. Have a fun time!

And everyone else -- sounds like plans are made for a productive Tuesday.

I need to do invoicing for the business, pay some bills, and then hope to do some sewing. My cousins are coming to town on Thursday and I owe one of them a tote bag -- for a year I've owed it to her! -- fabulous fabric that she supplied -- finally found the right lining fabric last night and was able to wash, dry, and press it. So I need to steal some of my business day to do some sewing. Hope to accomplish all that, plus make a tortollini salad for tonight.

Have fun, all!

(Oh, Melanie -- pass the BBQ sauce! I loooovvveee it!)

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  06:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I have the nastiest house in the world that needs to be cleaned...we had family over the weekend, so it looks like a tornado ripped thru just our section of the property. It's supposed to be soooo hot here today, so I'm off here to go hit the porch! Y'all have a good one!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wooo! I slept really great last night! Today I am going to do my darnedest to drag Doug to the Zoo with Nora and I! I think she will really get a kick out of some of the animals. There is a few loads of laundry that need run and curtains that need put up and such, but no big deal. Maybe they will wait till this evening.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Mmmmmmm Tortollini salad that will be my pasta salad. Thanks Katie-ell good suggestion. How do you make yours?

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:10:28 AM  Show Profile
I've gotta work today, but tonight I'm playing Bunco. My one night a month to let my hair down and visit with the 'girls'. I can't wait! Especially, since I have to do laundry tomorrow, and clean house.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Today I'll be running errands before it gets too awfully hot. We're in for another 100 degree day here in MO. After the errands I plan on staying indoors and do some more decluttering and then reward myself with some reading or knitting.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:28:23 AM  Show Profile
Well...yesterday I got barely anything done so today I am being STRICT with myself! I've already watered outside, did some trimming outside and took a 2 mile hike with the dog...I need to go out and spray my vitamins on my plants and then in to take a bath and stay in for the rest of the day..I may clean the garage a bit but I have bills to pay, laundry, clean my porch and badges, CAL, KAL and afghan to finish plus I want to start an "indoor" garden and strip some wallpaper but then again I've been WANTING to get all this stuff done for weeks now! LOL! Hopefully today I will make a DENT! Please pray for me to have energy, motivation and "stick-to-it-tiveness"...is that really a word? HAve a great productive, enjoyable and happy day everyone!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:33:29 AM  Show Profile
right now i am cleaning up in preparation for my mama coming to visit. i am so excited!

farmgirl sister #37

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  07:43:03 AM  Show Profile
After I got the house under control, I went up to the attic. Got a whole bunch of bags and boxes packed for charity. Getting a bit warm up there so I thought I better come down. On my way pretty soon to the library to take in a lot of books for donation, then to the post office, have a few things to get in the mail. Then back home to putter about some more, water all 55 of my potted outside plants. 'WHAT WAS I THINKING WHEN I PLANTED UP SO MANY??"Guess I wasn't. Then maybe tackle a closet or a couple of drawers for a cleaning out. Or read a book, can't decide.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Shelba
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Shelba
Victor California
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  10:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Today began early--I woke up thinking there had been a small earthquake, but it appareblty happened in China, not California. Took daughter to chiropractor to help with vertigo from a head injury one month ago, and returned library books, picked up milk and few odds and ends for little projects. The ironing is done and daily chores. I am making appointments for work for the rest of the week, then getting a cassorole in the fridge for later. The lawns need fertilizing, watering is done for the day around the house but still some watering, weeding, and picking in the garden. I will be starting my onion seeds today and hopefully getting the fall peas in this evening. I plan to finish a summery dress. The adult children have softball tonight.
I have lots of little lose ends in the garden, but no canning needs to be done today. It looks like I can spend the rest of the day at home. In another week I will be sorting out my teaching schedule for the year and taking nursing students to the hospital two afternoon/evening sessions each week--my off the farm job.
I hope each of you is able to find peace in all that you do today.

Take care, Shelba
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  2:28:00 PM  Show Profile
I had a relaxing morning of sleep...I slept in 'till noon! Wow! I am waiting until 3:30 when I have to go pick up my boyfriend at work. After that...who knows??? I don't really have any plans for today. I'd like to sit and relax and read some of my new MJF back-issues that I just got last week. I also need to bake some more loaves of bread at some point because we've been without it for about a week...I don't like buying it when I know I can make it. Why pend the money...and furthermore, homebaked bread is the best tasting!

I am excited for tomorrow...my mom and I have plans to go antiquing in Seattle. What fun!

Enjoy you day fellow farmgirls!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  5:29:13 PM  Show Profile
been outside this evening painting yard furniture and pricing treasures headed for glovers' station .. HOT and HUMID! i doooooooo believe this is the most humid day i've experienced in kentucky since living here!

had to wait TWO hours for the toe doc to see me .. i'm alllllll healed!!! but i sat and planned some more fun stuff to do at our Kentucky Gurlfrenz Gathering .. ohhhh .. what fun games and prizes and classes we are going to have! will post more on it soon.

well .. gonna' go sit and price some more goodies and watch a movie on tv. have a fun rest of the day! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  5:48:15 PM  Show Profile
Heather, school stuff and animal stuff. It's suppose to rain but I have yet to see it.

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ~Good Tues. Morning~ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page