Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic
Page: of 10

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  8:38:04 PM  Show Profile
I am good Kathie, went out on a date with Hubs tonight, we had a lot of fun, picked out a boy name, still yet to find teh girl name, off to bed now, hope your stuff gets better soon~

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  3:18:53 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhh!!! So Glad you had a Date Toots!
What Fun.. So.. Not sharing that name just yet huh???

See.. i think WE should get to vote & pick out the names..
You & john got to pick out gobs of them..

I think I need to come up there & take you for a ride in my truck!
Bet we'd have a baby that very night!!!

Ok! MAIL Call Girls!!!

Auntie Brenda!!!!! Your Little Sugary Sweet Cupcake Birthday Mini's Have arrived Baby Doll!
These are absolutly the cutest little Things! i can see these on a Baby girl.. Baby Doll.. or definatly something cutter then cute for sure! loaded down with pink..!
My daughter Jennifer said that She votes these the cutest so far..

So Girls.. i know your all chomping at the bit to see them.. But they are all So darn cute
this time I just can't stand it!!! i want it to be someones Birthday so i can hurry & decorate My Dern Mini Tree with em!!

So the rest of you slackers get off yer Keesters & get them Mini's rollin!

( Just kidding of course..)
thought I best mention that kidding bit.. as i look at who's pulling up the rear this time..
Several new Mini Babies.. Don't want ya to get the wrong impression of me & think i'm a hateful old hag.. not that i ain't of course.. just would never be so over something as fun as a Swap!

So take your time.. But hurry the heck up will ya?
Carol Sue's Chompin' At the bit to get5 started on those Polki Dot Ones!!

( Oh Hush CS..I Had to blame it on you.. or they'd have thought I was a bad witch or something!)

Love ya Girls!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  12:30:25 AM  Show Profile
Yes, dear Kathie, I will be your scapegoat....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
LOL LOL LOL
Hey girl if I can't have fun with you, what in the world would I do. I have to say I am glad seeing you though.....
Had a breakdown today with all that has needed done, realized I forgot my darn it meds for the morning, no wonder the pain was way up and I wan'ted to climb out of my skin.
DAh de dahh dahhh
So glad that we are seeing you again girl, miss ya ya know!!!!

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2008 :  07:46:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kathie,
I'm so glad they got there safe and sound!! They were so much fun to do! Can't wait to see all of the mini's and can't wait to get started on the next ones. :O) Thank Jennifer for her vote, she is sweet! :O)

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  05:59:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello all!
How is the swap comming along? I guess we are still waiting on a few aprons to be mailed?
I cant wait to see what we all get. this is my first apron swap.

Kathy H
Farmgirl Sister #81
"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world..." (anomymous)
http://khartquilt.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  2:19:02 PM  Show Profile
who are we still waiting on..hmmm....i know Kathie has been up to her ears in family stuff lately....we shall see what we get back, bet it is great.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  2:20:32 PM  Show Profile
Robin, Sharon, Monica, and Gigi...hmmmm...wonder I bet she has gotten some and not able to post about it right now.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  07:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Okay I hope you will all forgive me for being so far behind on my mini-aprons! For the past 2 months it has been utter chaos at my house 90% of the time! I have never been so far behind on getting things done as I am right now and I am slowly getting back on track! It just has been one thing after the other to deal with including my 3 1/2 year old going through a wonderful(not) phase of getting into everything she could get her hands on, unexpected company, colds, my hubby was off work for a week and remodeled the utility room where most of my fabric was stored so it all had to be moved and a thousand other things! It seemed like the minute I got near my sewing table the universe knew and everything went crazy! Anyway I am finishing up my aprons and I am hoping to mail them out tomorrow! Once again I apologize for being so far behind!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  08:47:23 AM  Show Profile
there you go girls, monica is on her way, who else?

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  5:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Ok Cool.. Yes.. I do believe that Brenda was the Latest Batch to arrive..
So i'm still waiting for a couple more..

I'll break out the tub & see whats what here in the next few days.. maybe even after Halloween.. Have lots of crafting to do here the next couple days.. MAINLY my own costume & a couple more things for Peeps from work..
Joshua (My Middle Son) is being Leprechaun.. (he's 28)
So you can only imagine how extreme his costume has gotten!
he asked me a week ago if I'd make him a vest.. Sure.. No problem..
Made the vest.. well in true Kathie form.. just can't do a simpley vest.. can I? No.. of course I had to make it reversible.. & All sorts of craziness! worked on it from 11pm til about 2:30 ..

Sent it by Butch to reach Josh Thursday.. he called me Thursday singing it's praises.. Calls me Friday while out on a Temporary Bed shopping fiasco with my Husband..(PLEASE Stop me before I ever do something so insane again Girls! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU??) & says.. Mom.. Are you going to make me pants for my costume Too?
As we pull into the 3rd Furniture store.. I grimmace & said Yeah.. course I was Honey.. When's the party? was it tonight? or Saturday?
Saturday he says.. i said Yes.. thought so..
Hang up the phone... & thought Great.. i get to try to figure out how to make Leprechaun Knickers tonight with out a pattern..
Well THAT didn't work..
BUTCH is a DEMANDING SELF CENTERED BOOB LATELY!
I wanted to ask him about a thousand times that ONE question that is SURE to start a fight if THEY even TRY to ask it of US..
"Are you on your Period?" or "ARE YOU PMS-ING?"

So the Leprechaun pants got Started.. but did not get finished until about noon that Saturday then.. As well as a Wee little Green Sparly Bag of Gold.. a green pair of Sunglasses.. A Bowtie.. & Cool snazzy gold Buckles for his Boots! ALL this will match his BRIGHTLY orange painted Hair!

& here a bit of Insight to your Brother inlaw Dear Sisters..
Contrary to what was PREVIOUSLY Misunderstood by me..
His Near Death experience.. or that fear that he'd had a couple months back.. that had initially humbled him into being the sweetest person for about a week or two.. has NOW not only tossed him back into his crabby butt old grumpy old man self..But NOW he seems to have odopted an "i don't give a Sh!t Attitude about Everything.. Dare ya.. i can DO & Say what ever i want! EVERYONE else is a Jerk but him.. & he's behaving like a total
Hemoroid..

there.. just thought you'd all appreciate being kept up on things..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  5:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kathie!

I love your writing style! I could just see everything the way your described it! We had a family friend that went through a phase like that after a near death experience.

Please tell me you took pictures of his costume! It sounds like you did a fantastic job!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  9:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Now doesn't that just figure dear Kathie girl, he scares the every loving beejeebers out of you and is now bent out of shape and being a hemorriod, you know, those can be repaired, I hear it hurts like the dickens.....hmmmmm me thinks he needs a repair!!!!!!! lol

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile
Glad we didn't do the Fall apron minis! Are these about ready ya'll?? I am getting started on my Christmas ones We are doing them right? Hope you are doing well Kathie!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  5:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Kathie,
You poor girl, Methinks you need a vacation. Jersey is real pretty in the fall.....
So back to remodeling again? Hope things do go better for in ya this next month dearie.
When I take a vacation I'll give you a ring and we can hang out again. Hey it was nice that the gift of the bedpan cheered you up though...........lol.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  1:04:43 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry. Too much happening all at once. Should be able to finish and mail by Friday...if the machine holds up. On-going "challenges" with that monster!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  6:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I was on the move finishing my mini-aprons Monday night and sure enough the universe found out and literally right after dinner, I came down with the worst head cold I can ever remember having!!! I spent the rest of the night sneezing my head off! It's really hard to sew a straight line when you keep sneezing! So now with my cold gone I am determined to finish my aprons! I thank you all for bearing with me!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile
oh well you know this is half of how the mini apron swapping became so popular, we are friendly swappers with a very friendly swap hostess who understands that life happens. fortunately we have swap mammmas that can deal with situations that arise.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  11:04:40 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, I would say kick the machine, but then it might not work at all.
Gosh girls, friendly we are, because each of us can majorly have life happen......I sure have been one that has in the past, so keep on sewin girls you will get there.....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  06:25:16 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue and Jessica, I thank you for the encouraging words! I am almost done with my mini's and if there are no catastrophes I may actually get them in the mail this afternoon!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  1:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, don't think for a minute I hadn't already thought of that. The real frustration is is is so intermittent in it's "issues". You can be sewing along like a breeze and suddenly it goes whacko! I have to get it back to the guy that fixed it before. Today is a good day and I'm just now taking a break from schooling/laundry/life to pull out the machine!
They're a 'coming!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  9:15:10 PM  Show Profile
They are done!!!! I'll mail out tomorrow.
Sharon
PS Reprive for the machine!

Farmgirl Sister #74

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  9:38:27 PM  Show Profile
whooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  01:16:49 AM  Show Profile
I have done a little searching through the cloth mine that is my sewing room, but I don't seem to be finding the right size polka dots for mini aprons. Very annoying, as I am determined not to buy any more fabric until I get some of this used up. My favorite polka dot material was white with huge, I mean like fiveee inches across medium blue plkla dots on it. I used it on the back of a quilt I made my daughter when she was eleven. It was the first and next to last quilt I ever attempted machine quilting on, and it has held up really well considering what a lousy job I did on it.

I will sure be glad to get some new minis whenever they show up, they are just so brilliant. Well, enough of this incoherent drivel, it is me and the pain pills in the wee hours of the morning....time to crack open a library book and get a kitty hot pad...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  11:34:42 AM  Show Profile
I never thought I would get these things done, but my mini-aprons are DONE!!!!! They will be in the mail today! I really do apologize for all of the never ending delays, but I sincerely thank you all for bearing with me! It makes doing this all the more special!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  12:04:04 PM  Show Profile
HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't find the address to send my aprons!!! Could someone please e-mail me with it?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ** BIRTHDAY Mini Apron Swap!! Sign-Up Closed... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page