Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Writing your family letters...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Writing your family letters... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  6:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Being this is my birthday month...I am going to start a tradition of hand writing letters to those who are important in my life. I think this would be neat to look back on and reflect on the memories.

Who wants to join me?

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  06:23:12 AM  Show Profile
Interesting that you should say that. I've decided to do that too. I used to have a little journal and write letters at least once a month. I somehow let life intervene and got out of the practice. I was just thinking I should again. My boys are growing so fast and although most of my family is gone already, I do have friends far away that I miss. I don' handwrite my letters though. I use my computer so I can add photos of the boys and what-not. Then I tuck that in a note/handmade card. My brain just goes too fast for my poor hands to keep up with! I need to get into my stuff and make a fabric keeper for some note cards and what not so it's all in one place!

BTW...Happy Birthday to you!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  08:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think that is a great idea. I also think I am going to start writing Nora letters to give to her when she graduates, or perhaps a series of journals and then write the letters into the journals.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:12:40 PM  Show Profile
A good idea, Heather. I received a journal and packet of letters from my mother shortly after my father's death. The letters spanned my father's communication with family and friends over 75 years. Living all over the country since leaving home in the early 70's - Kansas, California, Colorado. Texas and North Carolina, I frequently wrote my parents. Tucked in the packet were also letters my mother saved during the years I was raising my daughter. Your taking up the tradition of letters, whether handwritten or typed, to loved ones will provide the best of memories in the years to come --- and now.

Aunt Clemy's Farm Girl
Kansas to Massachusetts

Edited by - Aunt Clemys Farm Girl on Aug 04 2008 12:14:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  11:50:03 AM  Show Profile
Heather:
Great idea. What a gift. Alee, you could do journals and give them Nora on her wedding day. She'd love that.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  1:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Writing birthday letters is a great way to send something personal. Store bought cards just never seem to say what needs to be said. I too, will take up my pen and paper!!!
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:23:00 PM  Show Profile
I started a journal when I was pregnant wiht my first, now age 20. it talks about what my feeling were towards her, being a first time parent, being scared I was going to drop her, etcc. I stopped sometimes, then picked it back up during other times in my life. Someday the girsl will find it( I have two daughters) and I know they will really enjoy it.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  9:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
that is an awesome thing to do. I have done that with my daughter even before I had her. I wanted her to learn who I really was, the good and bad. I knew that there are going to be things that Ive done that Im not proud of, and maybe would be embarassed to share with her, but each experience is a valuable lessoned learned and should be passed on. I hope I stick with it.
I write handwritten letters all the time..It makes it feel so much nicer seeing someones own handwritings and spelling mistakes or whatever. gives you a glimpse at someone elses personality!
hugs jess

Farmgirl Sister #235

Go to Top of Page

Karen@The Boulevard
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Hartline Wahington
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  7:23:51 PM  Show Profile
I love it! Such a sweet thing to do...celebrate all the gifts that have been given through your life. Tell those around you how much you love them and how they have enriched your life. I'm going to work on this...super idea. You inspire me!

Karen@TheBoulevard

visit our website
www.mokitime.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  06:03:00 AM  Show Profile
I just sent out my July/August installment...5 pages! Lots of fun photos too. This has taken on new life for me as well because my BIL has just been called up for Iraq. He's National Guard.
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Writing your family letters... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page