Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  3:43:16 PM  Show Profile
It is 5:30pm and it is time to go out and 'do' the chickens. Still way too hot. But then the poor chicks have been out there all day. Guess I better quit feeling sorry for myself and go out and get the eggs and give them some fresh cool water.
We have been blessed with a cool summer up until a couple of weeks ago. We did get a couple of nice rains last week. When it comes to the heat or the cold for that matter, I start to whine. Going out now, whine, whine, whine.....

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  5:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Did you make it okay? How were the chickies? I'll bet they were glad to see you coming whether you were whining or not! I don't like 100 degrees either. I feel like melting! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  5:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Made it! The chickens were fine. They all got their treat and fresh water. I have 2 pens of chicks. The Hens and the pullets. The hens prefer the grower feed to the layer feed so I will keep them seperated for another month or so. Did some watering while I was out. The cukes are looking pretty sorry. Watered them real good and will pick cukes in the morning. Want to make one more batch of pickles (bread and butter) before they give out. Still HOT!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic 100 degrees Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page