Author Weather Report: Previous Topic California Next Topic  

FroggyFarmer
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Jackie
Grass Valley ca
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  6:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Send FroggyFarmer a Yahoo! Message
This year has been dreadful for rural Californian's. Between massive fires (over 1000 last month!), a severe drought and late freezing, many farms in my area are looking pretty sad this year. In my area lots of folks are having a problem with their wells going dry- even the blackberries are drying out before they get ripe! Most places around here are just barely clearing out the smoke, and tourism; farmer's markets and all that, is taking a hit for it.
I sure hope we get a good drenching this winter! It seems like everywhere else is getting drenched while we're parched over here. ;)Anyone else in California having a better time of it?

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  09:29:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi again Jackie:
Louisiana is parched also. At least we don't have the fires that CA has. That is so sad to watch on the news. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted. I can't even imagine 1000 fires in a month.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Jackie:
How are the fires out in CA? I don't watch much news. I hope you are safe out there.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

FroggyFarmer
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Jackie
Grass Valley ca
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Send FroggyFarmer a Yahoo! Message
Well, most have been contained. I believe there are a couple still going pretty bad near Yosemite. The air in my neighborhood has cleared up pretty well this week, which is nice. We've been getting patchy smoke for a while now, and I thought it would never clear up!
And then of course LA got an earthquake, this week. I laughed when they described a 5.4 as a "serious" earthquake. The newscasters on the east coast don't know that in Southern CA they make the buildings out of elastic! ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic California Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page