lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:28:59 PM  Show Profile
So I posted a few days ago that I had to go to the walk-in clinic to see a doctor because I had a terrible rash all over my body. Well the doc did a urinary test and said that I had some sort of a bacteria infection that probably caused the rash. She prescribed me some antibiotics and sent me on me way.

I went and bought the meds...I don't have insurance and they were over $100 so it was not very fun...and I started taking them.

Two days later the doctor's office called me and asked how I was feeling. My rash was worse and I couldn't stop itching but otherwise I felt fine. The nurse on the phone said that they did another more in-depth test and it turns out that I have an e. coli infection. She told me to stop taking the meds they prescribed and take some new ones that they would fax to a pharmacy.

Wow! What an inconvenience! I wish they could have been able to prescribe me the right pills to begin with but now all I wish is that my horrible itchy red rash goes away!!!!

Luckily my symptoms are not worse...my dad said that when he had e. coli once a long time ago it was the worst pain he has ever experienced! I am so uncomfortable and rashy though and I want it to go away. I would really appreciate any prayers or kind thoughts directed my way for a speedy recovery. I appreciate it all!

Have a wonderful day farmgirls!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Chelsey-

Have you tried taking some Benedryl to help with the rash symptoms?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  3:24:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lacisne88

Two days later the doctor's office called me and asked how I was feeling. My rash was worse and I couldn't stop itching but otherwise I felt fine. The nurse on the phone said that they did another more in-depth test and it turns out that I have an e. coli infection. She told me to stop taking the meds they prescribed and take some new ones that they would fax to a pharmacy.

Wow! What an inconvenience! I wish they could have been able to prescribe me the right pills to begin with but now all I wish is that my horrible itchy red rash goes away!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #283

They most likely sent your urine for a culture and sensitivity. It takes an average of 2-3 days to get those results back(needs time to grow). That probably showed that the bacteria was not sensitive to the medication they had already prescribed and wasn't going to work. So...you needed a different antibiotic. It happens. If they prescribe for you before a c&s they're making an educated 'guess.' E. coli is the most common cause of uncomplicated UTI's and they know what antibiotics would most likely work.

I agree with Alee about the Benadryl and how about some Cortaid spray.

Marcia--the urology nurse

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  01:12:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee, Thanks for the suggestion, but yeah I did try taking Benadryl...twice and nothing happened both times. Ugh!!! Well it looks like the rash is slowly starting to fade...I still itch like crazy and I'm still splotchy in spots. Not very fun

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  01:14:36 AM  Show Profile
Marcia, Thanks so much for your explanation and reply. I appreciate it! I'm going to look into the Cortaid spray. Thanks a bunch!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic E Coli Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page