True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Here is the ideal day of cleaning the house for me:

Get up, pull back covers to bedding can air for 2 hours.

Gather dirty laundry and start load washing. (If you have a machine to do the work, let it run while you do more manual things. I don't know how many times I have been doing manual work only to realize the washer isn't running!)

Wash dishes and set to dry, or if you have dish washer have it running while laundry is running.

While in kitchen wipe down counters and cabinets.

Sweep and mop floor.

Dust house then vacuum. Don't vacuum first as you will then just be putting dust from furniture onto clean carpet!

Switch any laundry dishes around, fold and put away immediately.

Get in shower to clean off from cleaning house. Take this time to clean shower before cleaning yourself. My conditioner takes 2 minutes to "set" so I turn the water off and use this time to scrub basin of tub. I keep a plastic cup in the shower to splash water onto the surround where the shower spray won't get it. After I am all clean, I also spray the shower down with vinegar and water then wipe dry to reduce chance of mildew/water spots and to make sure I got all baking soda/soap scouring powder off.

Put toilet bowl cleaner to work (Mine is the same scouring powder that I use for shower)

Spritz mirror with vinegar and water, wipe. This also clears the mirror from any fog from the shower.

Brush teeth and get ready. Then wipe out sink and wash down vanity.

Clean toilet, wash hands.

Wipe down floor.

Make bed.

Ta da! House is clean! You can add in washing windows and such as needed.

The biggest "time wasters" that I have noticed are having the machines not running when you are doing other things, and cleaning up in the bathroom and then returning to the bathroom to clean it.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:23:59 PM  Show Profile
What is the scouring powder?
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow. You do this every day?

I often 'air' my bed. And by that, I mean I don't ever make it up after we get out of it. Heh heh..... :)

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  2:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I use baking soda and some powdered hand soap that I make. It's sort of a homemade soft scrub. :D

No, I don't do this everyday. More like once a week.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  8:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
My goodness. Do you ever just sit and read. Do you clean every day? I thought I had lots of energy, but when I read how you clean, or your chore list for the day- well--- I get dizzy! LOL I love reading your post.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  9:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marly-

I love to sit and read, but often find the only time I get to read is "Good Night Moon" and "One Fish, Blue Fish" if you get my drift! LOL So I listen to books on tape through my MP3 player while I clean. It's a great alternative and helps keep my mind busy since cleaning is a pretty mindless task for me. Sometimes I like to get into the "Zen" of cleaning. There's nothing like getting down on your hands and knees to scrub a floor to clear your mind of it's noise!

I have to clean up a little everyday because of my little chaos maker- Nora. But I do the bulk of my cleaning on Saturdays when Doug can watch Nora and I can just put my head down and get stuff done. If I don't let it pile up it only takes me about 2 hours to clean, dust, vacuum and scrub the whole house from top to bottom.

Did I mention I have cleaned houses for a living for over 4 years? I haven't for the past 2, but am thinking of taking on a few clients to round out the budget a bit more.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  9:47:03 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
I hope you know that when I post funny things I am just being funny. Please, don't think I am being rude. I am not, Alee. I just know of no person who constantly cleans like you do. Well, mentioning that you clean houses for a living says alot! Too bad you live so far from me, because if you lived any where near me, you'd be at my house tomorrow!!!!! That is the truth!!! I had a wonderful woman/friend clean my house for 22 years, and last year she had to quit. I'm still not over that. This house cleaning is not for me. However, somebody has to get it done. I don't care to replace my friend just yet. I am hoping, praying, even saying a novena that she will come back. Doing the same chores every week is not fun for me. No way! This house is much too big for just me and my Sweetie (husband). I am ready to downsize. A two bedroom house would be fine for me. I two room house would be much easier for me to clean. Give me the outdoors. I'll clean, mow, weed, the yard-- but this house stuff I hate. Now, I love to cook. I can spend hours cooking, and I'll clean up my own mess. But- the house cleaning is the same thing week after week after week after week. Boring, boring, boring! Alee, I wish you would consider moving to Louisiana. LOL
Thanks for the post. Yours are my favorite.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  9:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Marly- Louisiana sounds nice, but I think I would miss my family. Wanna downsize and move to Montana?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  9:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS- guess what- my house is a true disaster! I haven't cleaned much for the last few days! Tomorrow is my Blitz cleaning day! And if it makes you feel better... search in this folder for a post I made around May I think? Called "The Laundry Abyss" There are some pictures there from my actual apartment that will give you nightmares! LOL Yup! I am a huge time slacker when it comes to cleaning- so then it sounds like I am really industrious when what I am really doing is playing catch-up!! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  10:07:28 AM  Show Profile
Alee:
Wyoming would be my pick to downsize, but Montana sounds good, too! My sweetie hubby refuses to retire. The only way I'll move from LA is without him. I'm like you, I'd miss him a whole lot! LOL I've never been to Montana, but Wyoming took my breath away. What a beautiful place!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  11:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Marly- Well if you ever come up, let me know. I grew up in Wyoming and of course live in Billings, MT right now. We could go see the mountains and Yellowstone and such! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  12:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Alee:
Be careful what you tell a Cajun. I'll pack tomorrow, and I'll be ready to go up there tomorrow night. ROFL
I have see Yellowstone, the mountains, and I've heard the wolves howling early one morning. That won my heart. The openness, the beauty, the wildlife. I just loved it. My husband couldn't take the cold weather. I don't think I would know how to walk in snow. Driving in snow, forget it. You are so kind, Alee. The same offer goes here. Ever in Louisiana, let me know. I've got plenty of extra room. Of course, we'd spoil Nora!!!
Have a great and happy weekend.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee!

I fell like I'm always playing catch-up sometimes! When I go to other people's houses...I always admire how clean it is and wonder how in the world they do it!! I wonder if they clean 24 hrs a day. I wonder if their children clean for play instead of playing with legos or barbies...[could you just imagine! :)]. People sometimes come over to my house and comment on how nice the house is. I never feel like that, all I see in the house is the things I haven't done yet. I am appreciative of their comments....but really wonder what they see verses what I see. Do other people feel the same way when I compliment their houses?? Just a thought?

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  06:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jamie-

I know exactly what you mean! LOL!

When I was about 5 I asked to help with the chores. I fed the dogs, but as I got older I was given more chores- like vacuuming or cleaning the bathroom. We got an allowance at the end of each week- but only if we had done our chores without nagging. Guess how many times we missed getting allowance! LOL

Doug and I are going to do the same thing with Nora. She will have assigned chores once she is a bit older, around 5-6. Easy ones at first, building up to a being a really great helper around the house. Of course, as responsibilities are raised, so will her allowance be.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh same here!! I had chores as a child and will do the same with Zach when he is older. My step-son on the other had.....[ugh]....is allergic to cleaning, picking up after him self, scraping a plate, etc... I'm trying to get through to him that the maid is OFF DUTY!! He's a hard work in progress..... :)

Hope you're having a good Monday Alee!!!!

Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Jamie!

My Monday is shaping up much better, though I think I will take some preventative medicine as I feel the migraine lurking in the back of my head.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Umm...alee. I have germ a phobia..lol so I would be cleaning the toilet THEN taking a shower! Hahaha, when you are done c'mon over to my house!

What an amazing life!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic How to Multi-Task Cleaning Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page