willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile
That was the heat index today! Temperature was 106 on the thermometer. Weather girl says it will be even hotter tomorrow!
AHHHHHHHH

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  5:08:57 PM  Show Profile
Ick. Wish you were here, Julie. 80 degrees is just fine by me.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  7:48:16 PM  Show Profile
It was 105 today - I am sitting on a cooler pack that I put in the picnic basket.

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  8:04:04 PM  Show Profile
WOW! I couldn't take it. I really dislike the heat and it zaps everything I have... Today though, 75, breezy, with a few puffy white clouds in a field of bright blue! (Later on it did inch up to 85 but then cooled right back down.) Very nice night out (low 60s) right now. The clouds have moved out and my meadow is "starry"!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  8:19:59 PM  Show Profile
It got up to 100 today here...102 yesterday..but we don't have the heat index thing...ugh...still...too hot for me when it gets over 80!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  9:47:00 PM  Show Profile
94 today. And a bit muggy, but not as bad as it HAS been. Summer is already almost over here in Northern Ca. (kids go back to school NEXT WEEK--- YEAH!!!) Our weather has actually been below average for most of July, and so far, the first week of August. No one is complaining except the heat lovers. (which I'm NOT!) It seems to suddenly get FREEZING on Halloween night!! Very wierd, but it happens every year.

Judging from the ground squirrel activity, I have a feeling that winter is going to come early this year. But we'll see. Hopefully we'll get enough rain to avoid a serious drought since this was our second year of below average rainfall. Everything is already burnt, so we hope not TOO much rain as it will cause a lot of mud slides. It's hard to say which is WORSE!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  09:56:50 AM  Show Profile
I'll try to remember that when i start complaining about the weather here! Sounds abslutely unbearable...hope you can stay cool and collected...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile
Well it's about 60 here. No sun just foggy in places. Nippy I guess. I wish it were warmer but maybe I should be careful what I wish for. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Aug 03 2008 10:29:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  11:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Mary Beth we were in your neck of the woods on Monday. Visiting Jim's sister on Camano Island. Turned out to be a beautiful day. We credited ourselves for bringing the lovely weather. Of course Tuesday we awoke to drizzle. Went back via the North Cascades Highway. Man was that striking. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:54:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh mu gosh Julie!!! That is so dang hot!! It's no where near that temp here in Lake Stevens and Everett, Washington!! I don't think I would be able to handle that at all!!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  1:59:08 PM  Show Profile
I am glad I am not there
I cannot take hot , humid sticky weather.
It is hot here too; but not that hot. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  2:20:53 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Right now it is 87 in our living room...no air conditioner this year!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  08:35:53 AM  Show Profile
Yes...Julie..it IS hot here! Ughhhh! I have to go out early and water and then come in and take a bath and get dressed all over again! I finally put in some drip irrigation so I could turn it on and come right back in the house! Stay cool everyone! And what I wouldn't give to be able to open the windows! I really don't like being shutin in the summer but fall will be here soon and then it will be SO WONDERFUL plus if it was ALWAYS nice outside I would never get anything done inside! LOL! Because I love being outdoorsand I am VERY grateful for the A/C...I don't know how people did it before a/c and I feel for those who work outside and the animals....everyone take care!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Don't worry about the animals Sandra. They acclimate pretty well, especially those that are BORN in the area. Most of my sheep were born here on the farm and they do much better in our weather than the ones who WEREN'T-- especially my poor ram who came from Whidby Island up there in Washington state!!! As my friends mother-in-law so aptly put it--- the poor thing was born in Heaven and woke up down here in HELL!!! (LOL) He's gotten used to it though.

As for our weather today, it's VERY nice. I worked in the yard around the house most of the morning. It must be in the 80's or so (and YES, ALL my windows are open!). VERY unusual for this time of year. Usually we're cooking in the high 90's to low 100's, but I'll take THIS weather any day!!! Happy Monday ladies! ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  2:27:28 PM  Show Profile
It's a gorgeous day here. The temperature is 85 and nice and dry. I had my bicycle serviced recently, after a few years in storage. I'm a little out of shape, but I took a nice ride around my area. The sky was clear with billowing clouds with a nice breeze. It's funny how everything that you see daily in a car has a different look, much prettier, on a bike. It gave me a new appreciation.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  2:44:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh quit rubbing it in - those of you with cool temps! ;) HAHAHA We topped 100 again today! I think it has been 7 straight days now! We even made national news with our heatwave this morning! YUCK! My swimming pool was a nice 96 degrees today! YUCK again! We can't even go in it until after dark or the water just makes you feel hotter. I bought my chickens a misting hose and they are loving it. The dogs push their way into the house whenever they can and even our half feral cat that wont let us pet it hasn't left the front porch all week!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  3:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Temp here is 101, heat index is 109. The chickens seem to be making it ok. A few years ago we tried raising several different breeds. When the temp got up to 100, the black ones died. We stick with Rhode Island Reds now. Heading out soon to take them some cool water. I am an open window person too. Fall can't come too soon.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  4:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Belle you have to have the CUTEST screen name! I love it! I have a big roasting pan out for my chickens and I fill it with ice twice a day. The girls fight over it! They just like to sit in it! You might give that a try.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic 113 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page