Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Population of your 'town'? Next Topic
Page: of 2

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2005 :  4:31:40 PM  Show Profile
I've been on this forum for 15 months and I am still learning new things about the great people who post here...it takes time and openess and lots of different subjects and topics. I have been so blessed and fortunate to make some very dear friends here![:) And while I am on the subject of forums and making friends...CAP letters can be misinterpreted to be an aggressive stance... It took me a long time to settle in and feel comfortable...some things work...others don't. It is a learning process for all of us. But I learned what works and now feel I can kick off my shoes here and be myself and enjoy the company here. And it is so worth the learning process! Lifetime soul sisters are the result!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 28 2005 5:13:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  12:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
We live 7 or so miles from a town of 3000. LOVE IT! Or loved it...the interstate is coming thru right thru the middle of town, thru neighborhoods...houses were removed...makes me think of the first few lines of Pink Houses by John Mellencamp...makes me sad. Progress is a scary thing sometimes.

Susan
Proprietress of Dahlem's Soapworks http://www.thesoapmaven.com

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile
I live in a town of 1,000-We have a small grocery store-good in a pinch but cant compete with "in-town" prices..We have a bank, 2 saloons and a Caseys general store which was a wonderful addition to our small town..The closest big city is Peoria, IL of which I work at one of the biggest medical centers..It sure is a joy getting "out of town" and back into the country when I get off work..I couldnt stand driving or living in such congestion....
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  8:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Blueroses,

You have a smaller population, but we have 1 less traffic light than you.. we do have our own little library though!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Population of your 'town'? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page