Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Dog Is Gone.... Next Topic  

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  05:59:44 AM  Show Profile
Sisters of the farmgirl tribe...Please say a little prayer that my beloved Lab Max returns home safely...He has been gone 2 days now and I am fearing the worst. Pheasant hunting season opened yesterday and armies of hunters decend on our county to kill pheasant so this is a very dangerous time for my Lab to be out. I am so sad and worried for my beloved friend. Thank You...I will let you all know the outcome if there is any.p.s He is nuetered so that shouldn't be the reason he has been gone so long.

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  06:03:28 AM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for Max and for peace of mind for you. I HATE that feeling of not knowing where they are when they're gone.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  06:15:31 AM  Show Profile
Jenny- Hope Max returns to you safely, and your worries are for naught. Hang in there, I'm sending good thoughts your way.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  06:21:37 AM  Show Profile
Thought and prayers coming your way. Make sure all your neighbors know to keep an eye out for him - word of mouth can do wonders.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  07:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Quick update girls...DH was on his way home from church and saw our dog in a pasture. DH called him and Max just sat down and refused to come to him...he knows he has been naughty. We just give firm talks to him when he misbehaves. He is about 3 miles south of us. DH said he was heading north. Hopefully he will be home soon...hunger should be getting to him.

Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile
One of my farmcollies did that a year ago. He chased a coyote off the farm but for some reason he didn't stop at the boundary line and got himself lost. Men working on the phone lines could see him over a rise in a field up the road because they were up in a bucket. I got him back by yelling to him in my "good boy!" voice. And then tons of praise and making a huge fuss over him when he came to me.

I prayed while I was down by the pond. You've been on my mind.
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  10:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Excellent advice Robin! I am leaving to go do just that, armed with some of his favorite treats. Labs are very intelligent and such pleasers. I hope I can locate him. Thanks for all of my sister's support.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  11:02:31 AM  Show Profile
The saga of Max...went to same place DH saw him and saw 2 dogs...one was the color of max laying down resting but head was up...the other a lighter cream that was clearly a Lab sitting and staring at me...I praised and called him but no wagging tail..threw out a piece of cheese. Left to get my binoculars to make sure it was my Lab. Came back and the white Lab was gone...the reclining different breed still there. Go figure...He has really been acting strange lately. He will either come home or not...don't have the time or the inclination to get into his head...He should know he has a home and is loved by his humans.

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  12:39:07 PM  Show Profile
He's home! He's hungry. And I'm happy!

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  1:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Thanks be!!! Maybe you could get Patricia to give him a stern talking to !!
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  1:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Or have Patricia find out WHY he did this to you? I'd be a WRECK if one of my girls ran off like that!
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  4:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Phew!

I think Max is not himself and now wandering because he's found new friends to roam with. Dogs are pack animals.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  5:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Yippee!! I was worried for you and Max. I know how I would feel if one of my kitties got out and wandered off. We had a dog like that when I was a kid, just would get it in his head to take off for a while and come back dirty, tired and hungry. Just glad nothing bad happened to him and that he wasn't hurt. I'm sure you will sleep better tonight knowing he is home.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  5:22:19 PM  Show Profile
One of my dogs is a beagle and she will just follow her nose anywhere it takes her. One day she snuck (is that a word?) out the gate and was gone until the next morning. I was a wreck while she was gone, but I left the garage door open a crack and she was in the garage when I got up the next morning. Boy was I glad to see her.
Nancy

http://quiltedprairie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  5:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Sistahs and fellow dog lovers, thanks for your support and concern. I love reading about your fur babies. I have been a mess this weekend wondering where my "buddy" was. I was taking a light nap this afternoon and felt a cold wet nose on my cheek and stinky dog breath and woke up and saw my Max. He had wandered up to Dh while he was feeding the bull. Dh let him in to surprise me! Now he is sleeping exhausted, full of cheese, on my kitchen floor on his favorite squirrel rug. Life is good!

Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  03:53:04 AM  Show Profile
I just logged on and read about Max. I am so grateful he came home. He knows he is loved and where it serves him best to be.....
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile
I have been offline since Friday too..I am so glad you got your buddy Max back!!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  08:46:30 AM  Show Profile
OH Meadowlark, that is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad he came home. I know how you feel, my Lhasa got out one day by accident (we left the gate open) and I was horrified. I cried like a baby. My parents and husband were driving all over trying to find him. He ended up being in my parents old backyard which is the next street over from me so all was well but it sure is a sick feeling to not know where your babies are!!!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  7:29:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh I'm happy for you!! It must be a great load of your mind to have him home!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Dog Is Gone.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page