Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  07:41:07 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone tried the detox foot patch, well I did and can't tell if it is real or a hoax. My patch did turn dark grey and my leg felt tingly in the morning, just wondering if it really is effective?

Kelly
Farmgirl #238

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  08:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly,
I dont know, but I have seen the ad's and will be interrested in hearing more of your thoughts as time progresses.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  10:45:42 AM  Show Profile
I wonder about those too. There was a $2 coupon in the Sunday paper on them..but I decided to wait and see what I hear about them.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2897 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2897 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  5:04:53 PM  Show Profile
I saw a show about them on one of the 20/20 types programs & they are a huge hoax. Everyone's feet will perspire in your sleep, & that is what is accumulating on the patch. THe combo of the sweat & the plastic patch will turn dark & smelly, & people think they are detoxing. They even tested what was on the patch & it was nothing more thant typical bacteria. Any extra energy is purely the placebo effect. Save your money!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  5:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I read a healthy way that kinda detoxes you is to sit in a bath of Epsom salts. It is a a cheap alternative and I always add lavendar to the water. Don't know if it really works, but I like how it makes my skin feel.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Lisa ,I saw that too
Save your money
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  7:02:10 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Shirley, I have bought several things from commercials and none of them help, work, or are worth anything. Safe your money, or spend it on something you know will work.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

lavendermom
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Jennifer
Houghton Lake MI
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  7:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Some of the patches do work...some are fakes. You really have to do your homework on them. I bought some from www.healthmarvels.net upon the advice of some friends who attend health expos all over the country. They are, in his opinion, the only patches that are legit. I also know a naturopathic doctor who says that the majority of them are no good. You want the ones that contain actual herbs and vinegars, not dead shell-fish! He also told me that the ones from Japan are better than the ones from China. I ordered the sample pack from the above site and was pleased with the various results. Some of my herb clients reported better sleep, as well.

Hope this helps someone...
By the way, I am new here on the forums. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Jennifer
www.fromfieldsandgardens.com
www.farmsteadorganics.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:41:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jennifer!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  8:47:18 PM  Show Profile
Guys, I saw this same sort of topic on another herbal forum. They are fake. Basically, someone did a little experiment of their own and put sterile distilled pure water on one of those things and---drumroll, please--the WATER also turned the pad brown! So it has nothing to do with detoxing--rather, ANY sort of liquid--be it sweat, etc, will turn the materials in the pad brown. Try it for yourself. I think you shouldn't waste your money, either.

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  11:18:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks a bunch! I thought it was a hoax! I did fall for them though and bought a package, I guess I won't be buying anymore!!! What a waste

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  11:21:06 PM  Show Profile
You kidneys and liver is where your body gets detoxed, not the bottem of your feet.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  1:31:25 PM  Show Profile
My husband is a naturopathic doctor and he doesn't recommend them. His company sells detoxification footbaths and he really doesn't believe in them either. The really only way to detox is through a far-infrared sauna. My husband sells them through www.detoxamerica.com if you're interested.

I do not sit in the every day, but every night I also take a epsom salt lavendar bath. Hope this helps!

Blessings!
~Farrah
www.homesteadblogger.com/keeperofthehome/

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  09:35:48 AM  Show Profile
THANK YOU SHIRLEY!!!!

Unless one or both have given out, that's their job!!! OR, go to the gym and sit in a sauna for 20 minutes or how about good 'ole hard work or exercise. That will make you sweat for sure

Hey, there's an idea!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  4:26:09 PM  Show Profile
these are a hoax

they even turn a color when exposed to just water

save your money, go to a sauna or exercise and let your liver do its job

same thing for the colon cleansers and the lie about the tarry junk in your intestines

I have had 3 complete cononoscopies, and lemme tell ya, there wasn't anyting left after the prep the dr. prescribed! nuthin!
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  11:41:18 AM  Show Profile
thats funny, I saw this type of thing at the fair this year. You sit in a foot soak and pay an enormous amount of money to see the black gooey crap come out of the bottom of your feet, detoxing your body of course. They try and sell you the whole kit and caboodal, if I remeber over 300.00. The guy stopped me and asked if I wanted to come in and try it for the low price of 30.00 or something. I looked at him and asked him if I looked like I bumped my head.......

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  11:42:51 AM  Show Profile
anna, I am going in my first on Sept 29. I have to agree with you. During the fair time, my HB had just did his first one and thats what I thought of as well.....so ladies, if you want to detox, try drinking nutalite....(I think its called) there is nothing left in you after that.....lol...

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  03:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Yes! Nothing left on the inside! Some doctors allow people to stay awake and view what's on the screen (no thanks, I'll enjoy my "happy trip" on Versid/Demerol) and what you see is a clean pinkish inner intestine NO black tarry anything

And as stated before, your liver and kidneys are in our bodies for removing toxins. Every time we pee, essentially your blood has been cleansed first by the liver, then a last time by kidneys.

Juice drinks and liquid fad diets are just making you have to go to the bathroom more often and you may be literally flushing hard earned money and badly needed electrolytes and nutrients down the potty.

I heard an interview on a radio program the other day with a young gal who has 4 yes, FOUR kidneys. She said she hardly ever gets sick. Also said she'll hang onto what she has should a family member ever need a transplant.
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic detox foot patches Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page