Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ghostly or Spirits?????? Next Topic  

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  7:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Do you believe in ghost, or spirits? I do. Does any one have a ghost or spirit story to share.
After my moms funeral, I was taking a long bath, just crying my eyes out. My husband had gone to the grocery store. I was home alone. All of a sudden I heard my old music box playing. I got out of that bath tub so fast! My husband was coming in the house and I ran to him telling him what had happened. Eight years early when I had gotten married, I had brought the music box to my new home. It was broken and would not turn on. I know what I heard. My husband came with me up in the attic. There laying against the vent in the bathroom was my music box. We tried to get it to play to no avail. I believe my mom sent the music to me just to let me know she was okay.
Tell me your story.
Marly

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  9:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Marly! I don't have a ghostly tale to tell other than after we put my dog Seanee to sleep before my wedding (she was really sick) all the rest of the week I felt like she was following me around the house. I could just about hear her foot prints and a couple of times I went racing down the hallway like we used to (playing chase) only to whirl around and realize she wasn't really there in body any more.

My family, however, has had several instances of intuition where a miles-distant relative calls another relative because they just had a feeling they were in distress or because they knew a family member had died though they hadn't been contacted yet. I also have had several instances of feeling the need to call certain friends only to find out they were having really rough times and needed a friend to talk to.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  9:30:42 PM  Show Profile
Good posting Alee. After my first cat died, I'd feel him jump on the bed. That went on for weeks. Also, after he died, my other cat Zoe was so sad. She was grieving for him. About three nights later, I was sound asleep and woke up hearing Henry Dragon (the cat who had died) meowing loudly. Now Henry Dragon and Zoe both had to distinctive meows. I got up and ran around the house looking for Henry Dragon. This is what I found: Zoe was in the middle of the kitchen with one of Henry Dragons mouse toys and she was meowing- but imitating his voice. That scared me alot. The next morning my husband told me he had dreamed of Henry Dragon and that he was meowing all over the house.
Thanks for answering the post.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  05:09:54 AM  Show Profile
The closest I can come was the day after my sister died, a cameo ring was discussed, and mama told me that Cheryl had called her all upset because she had lost it. That night, Cheryl 'visited' me in a dream, and the next morning, I ran out to my car where the bag of her belongings from her car were stored. In it was the ring, in the exact same condition that she had described it (broken and bent). Weird, but at least the ring (part of a set of earrings handed down from a great aunt) was back in the family.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

chickabella
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

D. A.
Austin... ish, Texas
177 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  07:01:09 AM  Show Profile
Many of us in our family have had experiences with ghosts/spirits/whatever-the-heck-they-are. Latest example: Aunt W's husband died. A few days later, she and her daughter were out in the driveway, wondering what to do with deceased Uncle P's favorite car. She called out "P, are you here?", and the horn honked. She then felt a very warm and loving presence. Her daughter was unnerved by the whole thing.

Farm blog: http://farmnatters.blogspot.com
Tips blog: http://allingoodhealth.blogspot.com
Heart of Texas Farmgirls Chapter: www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp?CAT_ID=46
Farmgirl Sisterhood Member #275
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:33:51 PM  Show Profile
Julie:
That is an interesting happening! I lost a sister, too. Lung cancer, in 2007. Sorry about your loss.
Thanks for sharing your story.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:35:53 PM  Show Profile
D.A.:
I have had plenty of spirits/ghosts experiences in my life. I love hearing about what other people experience. It doesn't scare me. Thanks for the post.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

RoseRed
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Karen
Virginia
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:54:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh, gosh, tons of stories. Some of the best are from my apartment in a little town in Vermont, in the attic of what had been the town funeral parlor! We had a ghost who loved to play pranks. I'd find all my mail (remember when you still mailed all your bills???) lined up end to end in along the baseboard, or a new bottle of wine would spin and spin like a dervish when I set it on the counter. Once I got a kitten, she and the ghost entertained each other and the pranks weren't as bad. Our neighbors said they could distinctly hear someone throwing the kitten's ball for her when we weren't home. Anyway, I don't know how it all fits into my world view, particularly, but--are there ghosts? yup.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  7:10:30 PM  Show Profile
Karen:
Cool posting. Glad to know someone else experience that sort of stuff. Thanks for the posting.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  12:50:58 AM  Show Profile
I definitely believe in ghosts/spirits. I have stories of things that have happened to my family members but not directly to me. I'll get into them at a later time.

Chelsey

Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ghostly or Spirits?????? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page