Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 are you glad school is almost open again?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic are you glad school is almost open again? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  1:49:42 PM  Show Profile
Christina-

Owl pellets sound AWESOME! I have never found one but know how to recognize them and hope to check out the insides someday!

There are times I wish we could travel and give the kids more "on site" laerning but we cannot afford that and so we do all that we can within our abilities and price range. There are just too many good things out there...no need to spend much money!

We are currently enjoying two friends from Montreal and they are teaching us about French and their culture as we teach them, too. Stuff like that is priceless!

Blessings in Sept...

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile
nope I am not glad. I love having my girls around and back in school means another year older. They are ready however and so excited. It's a good thing, I will just miss them.

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  2:47:29 PM  Show Profile
I homeschool too. I am putting it off right now as we went into the summer a bit. I too miss the shopping, but we have stocked up on new art supplies so that was fun. Now we count the days till all the crayons are broken and the walls are marked on again hehe. I love my boys, couldn't have it any other way!
P~

living a good neighbor life

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  07:49:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to decide if I'm ready for school to start - not that I have much of a choice, though! My oldest, Taylor, will be in 2nd grade, and I think he's excited to get back and see some of his friends that he wasn't able to see this summer. But my youngest is still home with me for one more year, and he gets a little lost without his big brother here. I do my best to be as fun as I can, but mom just isn't as fun as big brother!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  08:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message

~~~My son is all grown now (gosh the time went by FAST!!) and I am retired from full time teaching soooooo, sometimes I am not even aware school has started again!!!....but, it is such fun reading all of your comments and remembering!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  10:35:01 AM  Show Profile
Hey ya'll,. I sit hear reading the forum as my baby girl is in KINDERGARTEN!! Today was her 1st day. I feel like she is just to little! I wasn't as hard on me when her brothers started! I guess it is because she is the baby. What will I do with my days now???

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic are you glad school is almost open again? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page