Author Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for lung health Next Topic  

FroggyFarmer
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Jackie
Grass Valley ca
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  6:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Send FroggyFarmer a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have any suggestions of herbs for lung health/repair? I am in northern CA and, after over a month of being smoked out, I'm beginning to feel like I've taken up smoking! I know mullen is good for that, but any other ideas out there? Particularly native CA/zone 8-9 plants would be of interest, but any suggestions would be fantastic.

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  09:24:21 AM  Show Profile
Jackie:
I wish there were something I could recommend, but I no of nothing. Please take care out there. I will keep you in my prayers. Give these ladies at the Farm Site Connection a few hours, they'll get back to you and post things they think will help. I've been seeing the CA fires on the news. Just so sad to see.
Malry
Go to Top of Page

FroggyFarmer
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Jackie
Grass Valley ca
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  3:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Send FroggyFarmer a Yahoo! Message
Hi Malry,
Thanks for the kinds thoughts. :) Luckily we have a great community where such information is pretty easy to come by. I've found a couple of backyard remedies that I've been using in tea- mullein and yerba santa, mostly, with LOTS of peppermint and honey, since it tastes kinda nasty. ;) I was just curious if any herbalists here had any other suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

Patty MorningRamble
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Patty
Keene TX
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  3:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jackie, I have had pneumonia 6 times so my lungs were pretty messed up, but I took an herbal formula called Clear Lungs by Ridge Crest Herbals....it helps clear the lungs and you can always take Old Indian Wild Cherry Bark Syrup. Planetary Herbals makes a good syrup with wild cherry bark as the main ingredient.

http://morningramble.blogspot.com/
http://morningramblegifts.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Herbs for lung health Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page