Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  7:48:40 PM  Show Profile
i had so much fun today. I mowed the yard again..that is always so relaxing. then it was off to weed some garden beds. there is a big raised bed in the backyard and then smaller pots for peppers, tomatoes and such. Along one side of the side fence in a greenhouse. After I mowed, DD and DH helped pull weeds in the big bed and little pots. We thought about weeding the greenhouse, but it was only a thought. A lizard spooked me and I wasn't in the mood for yardwork anymore. I loathe lizards!!! The greenhouse will have to wait. ;P

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  8:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jessie:
I love mowing the yard, too. I don't worry too much about lizards, my cats eat them all up! Tomorrow, I will be mowing our yard, weeding, trimming, etc...
Marly
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  9:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Lizards in New Jersey? Who would have thought. I hate snakes and get the same yuk feeling. I have learned to talk to them to tell them I know that are helping but I am out here now could you please hide extra good and not scare me. Seems to be working. I don't see as many as I use to.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  01:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
no snakes or lizards in alaska! yipppeee! i can work my garden, or whatever outdoor things i want to do, and only have to worry about bears, coyotes, wolves and moose! at least i can see them or smell them before they get to me! i despise any snake that isnt already made into a belt or a hatband! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  09:28:01 AM  Show Profile
Diana,
I just recently moved to Florida. I would never have survived had there been lizards in New Jersey.lol

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic weeding Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page