Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

shari
royalton vermont
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Greetings from Vermont!!!!
I found one of Maryjanes' magazines at our local co-op. One look through and I was hooked.
I live in a small village. We have chickens and a small garden. No big critters although someday I would love to live on a backroad. I have always wanted a bigger barn than house!!! I love old houses and live in a house that is 160 years old. I love fabric, quilting, handiwork, and just good ole plain "junk". I love to hear the stories of anything old. I have been married for 27 years to my highschool sweetheart. We have two daughters 22 years and 17.
I went to college in Tennessee. I loved my life in the South. Although now I think I would go to Kentucky. When I am in the middle of a long cold winter that is where my thoughts are.

I am excited about belonging to this connection. HOW FUN! Not many New England Folks?? Anyone from New England out there?

MissWhit
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Whitney
Maine
USA
142 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:48:38 PM  Show Profile
Will be living in Maine starting October 1st!! There are a few other ladies from Maine, not sure about the rest of NE though...WELCOME to the site! You will love it here :) Isn't MJF Magazine the greatest??

"The ordinary arts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest." Thomas More

Farmgirl Sister #154
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:52:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Shari,
Welcome to the farm. I love Vermont and wish I could be there when it is hot and humid here in Southern Indiana. I totally understand why your thoughts would wonder to Kentucky. It is a totally wonderful state and there is a great group of farmgirls here that live in Kentucky. I grew up in Kentucky and actually claim it to be home.

Donna...true blue Kentucky farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:53:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello from south central Kentucky. Our winters have been mild the last several years--a little snow, but melted quickly. We'd be glad to have another farmgirl here.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  6:02:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheri! I grew up in Quechee! I lived there until I was 18 when I went to college in Arkansas. I met my husband here and we married when I was 22. We will be married 8 years on Tuesday and I've been living in Arkansas ever since. Loved Vermont while I was there though!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  6:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shari!!! You will just love it here! I have never been to New England at all...but that is one of my goals for someday. It just sounds beautiful!!!
It will be fun to get to know you here!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  7:00:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Farm Site Shari:
Glad to have you with us. Vermont's winters are too cold for me. My husband and I went up to Vermont a couple of years ago. Much too cold!!!!!!!!!! We may get snow in Louisiana every 12-15 years.
Have a grand and happy day!
Marly
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  8:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Shari,
Welcome, glad you found us...Wow Vermont.. One of the places I have always wanted to go. My Son is in the US Coast Guard in New London CT. SO I might make it up that way yet! Welcome we are so thrilled you are here...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  8:50:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey There and Welcome. Haha, Vermont is one of those places I might have dreamed to have a farm, ever since I knew of Tasha Tudor, who lived near Marlboro...must be enchanting!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  05:55:08 AM  Show Profile
WElcome from Maine, yes there don't seem to be quite so many farmgiels from the northern climes, must be the short growing season. You are going to love this forum.......

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  06:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Georgia, glad to have you,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:17:02 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Farm Shari!!!

So good to have you!
LOTS of Similar Interists Girl!

Jump over & visit us on the Stitching Threads!!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:39:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello from New England

Mary Janes Farm is a blessing. Reading her books / magazine publication has taken me back to growing up rural in the midwest (Kansas) --- and an inspiration to keep always keep being a Farm Girl at heart.

The collecting bug bit in the 70's with a passion for auctions, second hand stores flea markets (www.brimfield.com), estate / garage / and church sales.

When not looking for kitchen collectibles from the 30's to the late 50's, gardening(flower and veggies)or sitting on the porch swing with a good book to read along with some sun brewed tea, is a joy.

Thank goodness for the old water pump in the garden (which came from a Mennonite farmstead in Kansas) --- otherwise these old knees would not make it up from weeding most days.

Wishing everyone the best of summers --- and keeping farm girls in our hearts with all we do.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
(Aunt Clemy was my great-aunt who lived to be 93 years old, still living on her farm with the assistance of family. A true farm girl who treasured rural life)

Edited by - Aunt Clemys Farm Girl on Aug 13 2008 09:32:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:59:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Shari. I spent a summer once in New Hampshire, and I will always have a soft spot for both NH and VT. I don't think your growing season is shorter than much of NYS. Are you zone 4 or zone 5? Personally, I think your situation in a small village with enough room for chickens and a garden is ideal. The backroads are kind of lonely (not to mention muddy!)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  09:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sheri,

Welcome from another New England Farm Girl.

Vermont has so much to offer --- a perfect weekend destination to explore from Massachuesetts.

Especially in the fall season when family visits from Kansas.

How do you cope with the short growing season? When March rolls around, I am ready to garden, but life in MA moves the planting calendar forward to Memorial Day. A local friend installed a greenhouse to help her make it through the long winter months.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Go to Top of Page

somedayfarmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

shari
royalton vermont
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  07:42:09 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much EVERYONE for the warm welcome. I'm not much of a writer but I do enjoy reading about everyone's lives, families, friends, animals and what you all love. It takes the "sting" out of the world. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shari:
I love to listen to old stories. History is important to everyone. Hope you are enjoying the Farm Site Connection. There are alot of wonderful people here. Check around the site, you'll find lots of stories.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  08:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shari from another Kentucky farmgirl! It's funny you dream of Kentucky when it's cold there and I dream of Vermont when it's so hot here. I've always wanted to go to Vermont, especially during the fall. From everything I've seen it's so beautiful there. I look forward to getting to know you.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  04:50:08 AM  Show Profile
A warm Southern welcome from one of the Louisiana farmgirls. You live in a beautiful state, Shari. I've visited,and hope to go back someday. That is, if our farm will turn loose of my ankle for a week or two!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

ranchmama
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Elise
Rosebud MT
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  07:35:25 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shari! Glad you found us here, hope you enjoy it here as much as I do!

Elise

Every Child Deserves Our Love &
A Bear of Their Own
http://ATeddyForKeeps.org

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranchmama/
Go to Top of Page

RoseRed
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Karen
Virginia
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:43:09 PM  Show Profile
I went to school in Vermont and miss it all the time...before that I was in Western Mass, which really, I don't miss as much. A lot of me is Southern, but a little bit is totally New England! Welcome!

Go to Top of Page

KatyDo
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Kaye
Uintah UT
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  6:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Shari,
Vermont, what a wonderful place to live, can't wait to hear more about you and your interest.
Kaye in Utah

Follow Your Bliss
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  07:47:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shari,

Welcome from The Texas Hill Country! :O)

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  09:07:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shari! Welcome to the MJ forum! I'm sure you'll love it here...it's full of wonderful farmgirls like yourself!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  09:42:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome from Washington Shari - I hope you love it here
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  07:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Shari, I spent a few of my younger years in Vermont, loved to get to go out with my parents and friends when the sap was running. Nothing like the beauty there,how very blessed you are, welcome to this place of great farmgirls and come often...Debbie

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops at all
Emily Dickenson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New from VERMONT Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page