Page: of 2

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  06:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Let's see at last count (Lol) 2 1/2 brothers, 3 sisters and one step sister... life is never dull when we get together... (My mom sometimes cringes!)
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  07:21:58 AM  Show Profile
2 younger sisters.. 1 I talk to several times a week and 1 who never returns my calls.

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  07:23:28 AM  Show Profile
Hmmmm..
Parents do Some Things that really effect their Children that they don't always take into consideration I think...

I'm 48..
My Mother Has been Married 3 Times..
With My Mother I have one Brother who is 44, & one Sister who is 38..
MY Father Has SEVEN more Children Besides myself..!
FIVE are His.. Two are His Wifes from another Marriage..

My BROTHER (Through My Mother) has a Sister From HIS Father..

My Sister..(Through My Mother)Has TWO brothers & a Sister From HER Father.

So.. As far as I Know.. in Counting.. in some way or another..
There are 14 of us..

But.. Who's to say.. There could be more..

Two of our Fathers have now passed away..
None of us have really had great relationships with our father's..
We have at one point in our lives or another met most of each other..
Some anyway..I have a Great Realtionship with ALL of My Brothers & Sisters
from My Father.. We write.. we talk on the phone.. & communicate Via Email.. & keep up with what each others Kids are up to.. I think we try to make up for what we may feel we were 'Gyped' out of as Kids from not having each other..
But I think you just decide what you need out of life..
A Family is what you decide you want.. Or even WHO you want it to be
really..
My Brother & His SISTER have only seen each other Once I beleive.. & that was at a Grandfather's Funeral.. THIS is how he found out he HAD this Sister.. He & I get along Great.. he's High Maintance.. but a terrific guy.. & someone i love & respect & adore..
My Sister has only seen her brothers & Sister for one Summer when she went to spend some time with her father when she was 16.. then lost track of them until another Funeral 15 years later.. & still now has no contact with them..
She & I live 15 minutes from each other.. But don't speak..

I've said this so many times & as i grow older I find this is so real for me.. I miss that My Kids didn't grow up the way I did with loads of cousins & aunts & uncles & grand parents surrounding them..
But it seems as if time has taken so many people from us way too soon..
They just didn't grow up with all these people.. Like we did..
& people move off more so now then it seems when I was young..
Don't tend to stay in the same areas or regins like we did..
They are more scattered across the states..
But i find more now too that I've found so many sweet Dear Friends that I love & cherrish as Sisters & know I couldn't care more for them if they WERE indeed my own flesh & blood .. I know I've made some truly great friendships that will be with me all my life..
These are the Family & Friends too that I make sure I keep in my life..
I think Family is what you make it.. Not always what your given..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  07:29:43 AM  Show Profile
I agree with you Kathie.. I have friends back in Oregon and in Michigan who are as close if not closer than I am with my sisters.. I have nothing in common with my blood sisters.. One is going through a divorce and never returns my calls. the other I talk to often but she is a career lady and everything has to be perfect for her. They came to visit us a few weeks ago with my mom and dad.. You could tell she was uncomfortable in my cluttered unperfect home (we are packing) and we had just had a delivery of food the day before so there was cases of produce everywhere.
I have always felt like the odd one out but yet in the grand scheme of things I am 10 times happier than either one of them..

Blessings, Debra

"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  08:06:51 AM  Show Profile
See.. You get it too then..

My Younger Sister & I that I mentioned aren't speaking always used to thow that at we that we were blood..
???
So that meant I was supposed to put up with more balonie from her?
No.. I opt not to..
& because I'm a bit quirky.. & don't try to do everything like all my neighbors would (Like she does..) actually have a few have a few hobbies.. aside from shopping & getting my nails done..(Like SHE does..) & spend time actually CREATING things.. Which she thinks is just the strangest thing.. That some one would want to sit & sew.. Really..WHO does this now days anyway.. Right?? .. yes.. & I'M the odd Bird..

No.. I've definately found so many more truer Sister's in my Travels of Life then those that were handed to me by my Parents..

Blood may be thicker then Water..
But in the Water.. I'm able to paddle myself over to a Friends house for a Nice Cup of Tea!

Thanks For the afirmation Deb..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  08:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
As long as I have known, I was the oldest of 4: Moi (30), Sister Sara (24), sister Bree (19), and Brother Jeremiah (15). However, my soon to be ex step-monster let loose that my dad had a love child with his first girlfriend! Apparently, he is 2 years old than I, and doesn't know that we exist. I also have 2 stepbrothers, Ivan (19) and Issak (17). Ivan lives at University, and we haven't met him, but Issak is coming to live with my mom and step-dad. Very excited to meet him!!!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  09:11:29 AM  Show Profile
There were 6 of us! two older brothers 39,38, myself, 34 and three sisiters 32,30,28. My 3 sisters are step sisters, and my closest sister, the one who is 32 is my very closest friend.

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How many.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page