Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  2:23:01 PM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma, now instead of being covered in feathers, you will be covered in stuffing. Oh my, 18 hour shifts indeed. Wish I was there to help you turn and stuff those babies. Remember how I looked in my apron with stuffing everywhere. I can just see you all now with stuffing flying...glad you have the orders but ohhhhh my!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  7:53:20 PM  Show Profile
Two boxes from Miss Wilma today! I'll have to find some clothes for the little girl mannnequin, can't be showing xx rated photos on this family site :)
I'm sure I have something that will fit her and will be showing her off. She wears size 4 slim clothes according to what is stamped on her. What a precious find! I also bought a batch of blue/white/tan calico small 9 patch hand sewn quilt blocks-they're on her blog. I think they'll be perfect for doll quilts. Thanks Miss Wilma-check will be mailed as soon as you give me the total amount. She added some little pillows she made and a jar of her blackberry jam...which will be on my toast in the morning for sure.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma, I picked up Eva at college yesterday and brought her home for thanksgiving break. She was so excited to see your ornaments in the new magazine! She has hers in her apartment on a ficus tree! Ah, college life! She wanted me to "take a left" and head up to you all! You definately lit a creative fire in her. It is good to see it happening! I have always handmade clothes, Christmas presents and ornaments ... you name it. I don't think my kids saw it as anything special until they meet others who take joy in such things. And JOY was all around the gathering! So, we are going to make up some more snowmen (no bellydancers, I promise - one is enough!) and some of our acorn fairies and decorate for Christmas! Yea!! Oh and we made Carol Sue's Wacky Cake at 1 am and ate half of it! I love little children, but I have to say it is more fun having 14 and 20 year olds baking cake at 1am! In fairness, our 26 year old son is a great cook... he just doesn't live here anymore!
On to find acorn tops for hats and stuffing!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  7:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Dana I was just thinking about your little belly dancer snowchickadee. Haha. I crack up when I see a photo of it. You gals need to come back up to Kentucky sometime soon! I do owe you a cookbook!!

Things are slowing down with Job #2 and I've been getting the time to get some projects done. One of the biggest is cleaning out our building outside of all the Christmas stuff. I'm downsizing this year that's for sure! You don't realize how much stuff you have until you start to go through it. My goal next year is that if it doesn't sell in a yardsale, it goes straight to goodwill. No more hanging on to stuff. You would think after moving a gazillion times I would have learned that. HAHA.

Anyone going to Wilma's Open House? I hope to see you gals down there. I have a Christmas party at work on Friday night, so I'll be down either Saturday or Sunday. I don't know just yet.

Well, back to getting stuff done. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. I'm thankful for a 3 day workweek! WOOHOO.

Jessica
Blog: http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
Etsy: http://kyphotography.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  03:38:57 AM  Show Profile
Now you are going to have to take pictures of all the fun stuff at MIss Wilma's for us Jess, so we can live vicariously through you all. My snowmen are getting themselves ready for Christmas soon, along with getting the belts on my santa stars.

Miss Dana, glad you are enjoying that wacky cake recipe. And yes, when dd was home, it was made at 1am. Just the right thing for late night projects. My daughter loves my acorn fairy and I said she cannot steal it!!!! I need my fairy to do this sewing room when I am not looking. So glad Eva got bit by the bug of making crafts and sewing and all the things that make a home homey....lol

Miss Wilma, you would have been proud of my niece and daughter as we made some stars for Christmas and the 2 grand nieces and 2 grand daughters stuffing those stars. They were pretty hilairous looking. We also did some little stockings and they wanted them stuffed, that was even funnier. We were down cleaning for Thanksgiving day for her, and then crafting was the benefit that we got from doing that. We did laugh ourselves pretty silly watching the girls stuffing and being so enthralled doing it.

I need to get to bed. Fell asleep earlier then woke up, so decded to catch up here.
Have a good morning girls.....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  05:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls looks like I am finally going to get a road trip will let you know this afternoon if I get any thing, I am going to look at blue calicoe quilts, that is one thing I have weakness for

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  2:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Good for you, Wilma. You've been working too hard. You need to have some fun!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Blue Calicos, ohhh girl you have my number too. I have to say some of my favorite quilts have just been blue calicos and white, two tone quilts. They are just so striking and the pattern shows up so stunningly.

Janice, you need a road trip soon too. You have been doing insulation and getting the farm wrapped up for the winter.

I got a section of my little living room done, maybe I can get this crazy sewing room back in order so I can sit on my fainting couch that I have and be able to sit on it!!!!! eat bonbons and what was the other thing they always say....lol

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile
Okay I went on my little trip, I got 11 calicoe quilts, two wonderful coverlets one is dated 1858,three wonderful bears,A pretty German doll. a wonderful old rag doll. Two bunches of old blocks from the 1800s, a yellowware bowl, A great old wooden bowl. two benches a tall shoe foot quilt rack I got a homemade wooden rocky horse that has probably gone home. two cute benches a three prong hand forged candle stand, lots of small things that I havent looked at. I am telling you I should have stayed home , I keep saying I am quitting but if someone calls I just cant help my self, Any way I got away from home for a day. Maybe Sterl wont ask me the bill Ha.Oh he doesnt care he knows I know what I am doing but I know he does get worried sometimes about me Ha

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  6:32:15 PM  Show Profile
photos?? You know I can't wait to see the doll or the quilts.
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  9:41:35 PM  Show Profile
Will do Ronna

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  04:48:36 AM  Show Profile
YES Miss Wilma, I would love to see pictures too!
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  04:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Me, too, Wilma! Come on, we're all excited! Let's see what you got...please....:D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  05:43:12 AM  Show Profile
Me, too, Me too....Can't wait to see photos, and MAYBE some of it will still be around for the Christmas open house!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  07:54:50 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Ms FebruaryViolet
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Why, thank you kindly, Miss Ronna, of Fernley. "It's good to be back!", as my man always says :)
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Miss Wilma graciously sent me a jar of her blackberry jam/preserves along with the mannequin. It is soooo wonderful, the flavor is truly exceptional. thanks to a very sweet lady I'm proud to know.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:15:00 AM  Show Profile
That little girl mannequin spooked me more times than not, Ronna. I turned around and "Boo!!!" I bumped right into her in the dark. She and I are near the same size!

I will be seeing that sweet lady you speak of on the 7th, along with Janice and Jessie, I believe. Can not wait. Need some girl time!!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  7:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh girls you have fun for Ronna and I. Yep that little mannequin got a few of us when we turned around quick. It spooked our dear sweet little Abby......we moved it just for her into the pillow room!!!!!

Ok, gonna have to go check Miss Wilma's blog and see if there are pictures up and running.
Glad to have you here February/violet!!!!

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  7:13:09 PM  Show Profile
I can see how the little girl could be spooky, with her hair and glass eyes. She needs a dress that fits her properly and that will be taken care of shortly. For now, the denim dress covered her up so she wouldn't be nekkid :)
I'll have to find out if she has a name or if I need to find one that fits. My sawdust filled buxom dressmakers mannequin is named Matilda, which seems to fit.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  8:08:53 PM  Show Profile
hmmmmm, a name for Mannequin girl, that would make her so much nicer.....

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  10:08:27 PM  Show Profile
Will try to get pics on tomorrow, I have had company all day, I made pics earlier but have sold some of the merchandise, No Ronna and Janice I have held the little doll back for you to see, she was one of the things along with the wooden rocky horse and bear I wouldnt mind keeping but knowing me my keeping might last a few days or until someone comes along and wants to buy. Ronna I guess you can just name her Wilma Ruth

Farm Girl #96

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  07:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, I am glad the mannequin has a new home, she did spook Abby a lot during our stay at Miss Wilma's, funny for Carol Sue to mention it, we still talk about it.We did move her into the pillow room and she still got us now and then! I hope she is happy in her new home and you I'm sure will find the right name and outfit for her!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  11:08:30 AM  Show Profile
Okay, the mannequin is now little miss Wilma Ruth, per her former owner. That will be just fine. Sorry she spooked all of you. I can see where it would get your attention if you weren't aware of her being there.
Wow, what a great find you made Miss Wilma. All those quilts and coverlets and bears and doll and more. Aren't you glad you kept on checking to be able to buy them. I still can't understand any family letting go of such treasures, but if they go to those who will appreciate them it all ends well. I'm sure my kids will dispose of most of my stuff, though they do know which are family heirlooms to stay with them.
thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  7:34:16 PM  Show Profile
Little Miss Wilma Ruth, has a lovely new home where she will be taken loving care of. I like the name of coarse.
Can't wait to see how you dress her up Ronna.

Now I have to go a looking at all of Miss Wilma's finds...yes, I will be drooling I am sure.

Farmgirl #39
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Miss Wilmas Autumn Work shop Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page