Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Snake #2 Next Topic  

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  10:51:25 AM  Show Profile
About a year ago, we found a small black snake in our front room. That was creepy, I admit. It took an hour or so to catch it and 'dispose' of it.

Today, we pulled up the drive coming home from errands and the kids all ran in the garage door, and I walked up the path to the back door. I was carrying *6* bags of groceries, my gi-normous purse/diaper bag, and my 10 month old. Stretched out oh-so comfortably in front of the door was a loooooong, very nicely patterned snake. I froze, literally with my foot in the air, mid step! I hear the ominous rattle and began to back away slooooowly. Once around the corner, I ran through the garage to put everything down and grab some shoes (that weren't flip-flops!). I told the kids to stay in the house and snatched the shovel on my way back to the back door. It was gone, unfortunately. I am not a vicious animal killer or anything, but I did NOT want that thing around in my yard around my kids and my animals. I did a small hunt, but couldn't find it. I wish I had, it really bothers me that it's just lurking around. I am thinking at some point it might come back to the door spot, though, since our house has terrible seals. The cool air conditioning just leaks out under the doorway and I am sure the snake was enjoying it.....I'm just so grateful the kids didn't go that way when they left the car. Someone was watching out for them this time.

The Biz www.tvalahandmade.com
The Blog: http://blog.tvalahandmade.com/
The Bits www.happydalehobby.blogspot.com/

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2008 :  6:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
i am not a "vicous animal killer" either but i do kill vicious animals without any qualms! rattelsnakes bite without provocation and often not enough warning to get away! that snake needs to be found and destroyed as soon as possible or the kids, adults and/or animals are in real danger! peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Snake #2 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page