juliet79
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Heather
Worland Wyoming
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  07:12:06 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any tattoos, and probably won't. But I always wanted a cherry tree with blossoms, three branches to represent my kiddos. it would be between my shoulders going up to my hair line!

What an amazing life!
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  10:10:35 AM  Show Profile
My brother has a few, but the best is the blue octopus on his upper arm.

He'll eventually add to it to make an underwater scene. that will be cool. He likes octopi because they are mysterious, very intelligent and not very common.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  10:15:14 AM  Show Profile
One other thing.

Just how bad is the pain? On a 1 to 5 scale. I have a fairly high threshold but am told it just gets annoying after awhile, then sore.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile
None for me; not now , not ever... Call me chicken, or unable to make that type of decision, or just plain don't like em. I am, however, reading an interesting book called "Electric Michelangelo" by Sarah Hall about a tattoo artist. Good read.
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  10:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Anna- They don't hurt anymore that a papercut. It fades in and out. My Wizard took two hours and I read a book the whole time.

I don't regret any of my tattoos, and I have 9. My first one was thirteen years ago. Still no regrets. When you decide to get one think it through, something you can live with for the rest of you life. Everyone of mine says somrthing about the place I was at that time in my life. Each one tells a story.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  3:31:15 PM  Show Profile
I have one on my lower back. Just got it at age 34, this past may in Hawaii. Hubster and I both got one together. Mine is custom: a Christian cross (representing my faith) 2 plumeria flowers (representing my love of nature and the Hawaiian Islands), some cool scrollwork (representing my femininity) and above all of this are the initials of my husband and 3 children.

I don't regret it at all. Am now thinking of something Celtic for number two.

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong

Edited by - TheresaB on Aug 13 2008 3:33:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  5:38:03 PM  Show Profile
I've two lovely tats. A medium sized sunflower below my neck on my back. And them a plumber tat [you know what I mean....real lower back :)] of a celtic knot.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  5:39:50 PM  Show Profile
ALL COVERABLE B/C OF THE JOB THOUGH!!! I don't necessarily think that there' anything wrong with them....but some employers do..I should be a farmer....then I could be my own boss, then I wouldn't have to to worry about that! ;)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  6:11:25 PM  Show Profile
I am far too chicken to even think about it! If not for that, I suppose I would have all my children's names on the back of one shoulder in the color of their birthstones.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic if you got a tattoo ... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page