Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  8:54:09 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean Tracy. I went in after doing my homework and asked all the good allergy questions. I made them show me the sterilized needles before they opened each one. I looked at dyes and which ones cause more sensitivity than others. I was a nut when it came to the reactions...lol.
thankfully no troubles..they are addictive :P

Farmgirl Sister #235

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  9:08:10 PM  Show Profile
The bad thing is Jessie-- I won't know if I'm allergic until it's too late!!! not taking the chance, so I shall remain tatoo-less. (sigh)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  12:10:27 PM  Show Profile
None on me.
Marly
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  12:55:06 PM  Show Profile
I don't have any tattoos so far but I plan to get one. I REALLY want to get a lovely Tudor rose on a small rose stem. There should be a crown on the top of the rose. I know the perfect one I want. It in a corner of a panting of Queen Elizabeth I. I want to get it on the front of my hip. I love the Tudors and am slightly obsessed with the history so I feel it would suit me well to get this tattoo.

I would also like to get a small claddaugh somewhere.

Have a happy day!

Chelsey
Go to Top of Page

Moonsanity
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Brenda
Michigan
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:00:09 PM  Show Profile
I would love to get a celtic tattoo on my shoulder when I turn 50-- in two years. I'm a chicken so we shall have to see:)

~Brenda, Farmgirl Sister #207
http://grace-whimsy.blogspot.com/
http://inthetreetop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:10:39 PM  Show Profile
not yet. which is surprizing considering my travels. but...mostly because i have not ever seen a pic or symbol of anything meaniful enough to me to make it perminant art on my body.
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:11:14 PM  Show Profile
I have a small 1 inch tattoo of a japanese symbol for Tiger which is my zodiac sign on the small of my back. My friend calls it my tramp stamp since it's in a popular place where all the younger girls seem to get their tattoos now a days. Looking back on it now I don't think I would want it anymore and if it didn't hurt worse to get it off than on then I would get it lasered off.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  4:46:03 PM  Show Profile
sorry, but tattoos are not anything I would ever want!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needles in my body only happen when medically necessary! What are you all thinking who get them? Do you like pain? I have always wondered about that.....

Plus, I like to change clothes, hairdos, purses, cars, and jewelry as I age......why would I want to make a permanent design on my body that could never be changed without more pain? 20 years from now, you are all going to be very tired of what you chose!!!! I would bet on it.

I have birthmarks on my back - fairly significant ones, and I wish they were not there......nature marked me and I would not mark myself.....

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 24 2008 4:51:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  5:07:15 PM  Show Profile
No tats for me. When I was younger I wanted a small rose on my ear lobe but the price was to high so I just got my tongue pierced. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  6:23:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Karen...that sounds SO painful!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KnitSteph
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Stephanie
Longview TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  12:23:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jpbluesky
20 years from now, you are all going to be very tired of what you chose!!!! I would bet on it.

I ha

You'd lose that bet. ;) I've had one of mine for nearly 21 years ... and I'm still happy with it.

http://www.knitsteph.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  04:43:30 AM  Show Profile
No tats for me (but I've thought about it a lot). I have really fair skin and some other issues that would make a tat slow to heal. But I sometimes wear the fake ones. Oh and I've been looking for someone to do some mehendi on my hands or feet. I think that is beautiful (and not permanent)!

--I am grateful. I have enough.--
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  06:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Not at all Jenny. I didnt have a bit of trouble out of it. I figured that I could always take that out if I ever wanted to but I couldnt take a tat off so I settled for a tongue ring. Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dargaonfly1054
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Georgette
Nicholville NY
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  07:59:15 AM  Show Profile
I have a small black dragonfly on my right calf muscle and I've had it for about 6 years or thereabouts.....and I still love it. I want to get another one, but can't think of what I want.....or where I would put it. I think it would probably be another dragonfly, or the chinese writing for the words love or peace or harmony....something like that.

"There is a voice that doesn't use words........Listen."
Go to Top of Page

naturemaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

2569 Posts

Connie - Farmgirl #673
Hoosick Falls NY
USA
2569 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  08:35:25 AM  Show Profile
I have a blue rose behind my right shoulder. Want to have it touched up, maybe add a butterfly to it.

http://flowerchild-lifeinthegarden.blogspot.com/
Also visit my online store @ www.NatureMaiden.com -Handcrafted Bath & Body Products
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  2:49:49 PM  Show Profile
hmmmm I am not a tatoo girl, however I did get a temp. tatoo on my ankle while in the bahamas this week just for fun. Corporate office had them for the kids and some moms and I stepped up and got them.

AngiKay
www.angikay.etsy.com

Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  2:54:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessica, then you'd be WOW what a MOM! I have no tattoos. I change my house all the time, so I cant imagine how I would change something as permanant as a tattoo.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile
I have one on my arm that is a fairy sitting on a crescent moon. I got it for myself 20 years ago for my birthday. I quite often forget it's there until someone comments on it and my youngest, Olivia who is 3 asks me why mommy colored on herself!!! Praise God I never got something I would hate now.
Monica

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  7:10:06 PM  Show Profile
No toos for me, though I have thought about it. I used to wonder what it would look like when I was 70? You know? Besides, I don't like pain. I do like to catch Miami Ink. They do some awesome work.

DD#2 just got a hibiscus (sp?) on the top of her left food. It is pretty.

Did get a good laugh out of the MOM/WOW though! That would work! hahaha ~ thanks!

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  8:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
That's funny. My daughter just got a BIG fancy MOM on her left forearm! It's on the side of her forearm. It's very pretty, but I was really surprised and touched by it. So now we she turns her arm it says "WOW MOM" lol

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2008 :  10:37:59 PM  Show Profile
No tats for me, either! I do not like needles. I also figure my son, who is in the Army, has plenty of tattoos for both of us!! Although if I were ever to get one, it would have to be a Buffalo!!

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  12:29:41 AM  Show Profile
I have 2. they are both on my thigh, right above my knee an butterfly and a flower. I got them after I turned 50, My girlfriend and I went and got them together on her 50ish BD
I Still like mine and am thinking of getting a dragonfly , cant decide where to put it yet.
Shirley in Oly
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  6:10:19 PM  Show Profile
I have seven tattoos! A dragonfly with a rose on my right calf, a tattoo bracelet on each wrist, a Celtic armband on left arm, a sun w/raven on right arm and a fairy queen on my back. Love 'em!

Kim

Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  03:29:17 AM  Show Profile
for my 40th, I'll be going under the needle next year.

I finally found a graphic that i'll be able to wear into my 80's and not have to worry about sagging or fading much.

the image is almost a foot in length it has 1940's style graphics/swirls (can't remember the correct name of that style) and features black sillouettes of the Belgian Tervuen male and female.

bigger decision is, do I want down the middle of my back or off to the right. It's a pain factor there, as I have heard tats on bone are really painful

I find body art very intersting and try so hard not to stare when I see someone all tatted up. the artists who do this stuff must have infinite patience not to mention all kinds of skill.

I so many times want to hear the stories behind the images people choose.

for me, there will always be a Belgian Shepherd in my life. these dogs have had such an influence. the one male I knew from childhood kept my dream alive for over 20 years until the dream was able to become reality in 1998.
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  07:07:21 AM  Show Profile
I have a green elephant on my ankle and pink daisy... elsewhere.

No more tattoo's for me.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic if you got a tattoo ... Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page