Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic milk cow pg?? Next Topic  

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  11:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
we have now had butter bucket, our dexter milk cow for 3 weeks. our other cow, tdh, was in ehat when we got bb and she is now in heat again. we didnt see any sign at all of bb being in heat! i have heard it is hard to tell with a dexter, has anyone known this to be true? i am gonna call a guy we met at the feed store to see if he can come out and check her for us. her flanks seem to "quiver" on occasion and i havent seen tdh do that. peace connie in alaska

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  09:32:00 AM  Show Profile
Heck I had a hard time telling when Mona (she is a Jersey) was in heat this past year. The first time it was easy (she was pregnant with her first calf when I got her nearly 3 years ago..so I have only had to breed her twice so far) First time it was easy peasy..obvious and she was bred on the first try (AI) and this last year...three tries! So...I hope you have alot better luck!! Maybe BB is already pregnant??

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
that is what we are hoping! she was in a pasture with her son who is about 14 months old. peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4268 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4268 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile
I would think that having 2 cows, you should not have a problem seeing if one is in heat. But you never know. Maybe you can get her preg. checked and know for sure.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

eskimobirdlady
True Blue Farmgirl

700 Posts

connie
fairbanks ak
USA
700 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  11:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Send eskimobirdlady a Yahoo! Message
thanks michele, it is real easy to tell when tdh (angus) is in heat! not only does she mount bb but she also slimes everywhere! we havent seen any mounting, holding tail up, slime, etc from butterbucket (bb- dexter) peace connie in alaska
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic milk cow pg?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page