Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along! Next Topic
Page: of 5

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  5:43:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh...I'm SO glad! Hate for anyone to be turned off from the fun of knitting because of a round dishcloth! You won't believe how many scarves I've done just because they are easy, quick, and help me relax. My whole family is pretty sick of scarves and I still have a TON of scarf yarn. Right now, my problem is second sock syndrome. I get one done, put it down, and can't seem to get back to the next!

Keep me apprised of your progress! Take care!
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  6:28:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes the gnomes are Alan Dart's and soooo cute! I want to do a family of them with each of my family's traits... apron and knitting for me, fanny p ack for my husband (don't ask!), camera for son, long braids for daughter #1 and cat ears on hat for daughter #2. No beards for the gals. Anyway, I'll post pictures when I make the next one.

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  9:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I just joined the forum today, I'm still up tonight and excited about all the new people and projects going on with all you farmgals.

At the welcome to MJ's Diana /dkelewae invited me to join your group of KAL's, well I kinda been here all along way back when you first started the first dishcloth. I thought I was unable to join because of my half broken PC, but it works here in the forums.

You all are doing great. Now I did finish the dishcloth and I'll show a picture , hope it works. But I sure got some mistakes. It was fun to do and I plan on making more. Guess what i'm giving for Christmas gifts this year , lol. But you know, I have givin away a couple and one for myself and are they nice for washing dishes!!! I love em.
I have been using the Peaches and Cream yarn , its been on sale at different places so I grab some when I can.

Boy do those mistakes show up.

I'm oh so ready to do the next one, what a cute knitting. It could be made into a pillow top.

I love to knit socks and tryin to learn to knit 2 at the same time on one of those circle needles, I'm havin a time with it to, so I just lay it down and growl at it :P

Happy knitting, hope I can join in on the inside this time : )

tc linda

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/

Edited by - LindaEllen on Aug 13 2008 9:54:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  05:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Linda-Yay! Glad you made it over here! Your dishcloth looks great by the way. I love knitting socks, but haven't tried the 2 on circular needles yet either. I've done up several of the round dishcloths and find they also make great coasters and doilies ;)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  06:58:12 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if I'm up for the last pattern...it is sooo cute, but I'm still a novice knitter. I think I'll try the circular one, though. That looks like something I can tackle! Linda, I wanted to say that your blog is just great! I keep on going in to look at one thing on someone's blog, and then they are so great that I get stuck there for hours reading! I think that's why I'm behind on my spinning :)!!! Anyway, thanks for the great read.

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy store on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  10:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
What a nice yellow one! I like it. My yarn-overs leave a hole but I just let it be part of the design.
I've got a couple of square ones done and love the pattern.
I'm ready for a new design. I learned to make the cable a long time ago and it is not hard at all. What about a cable up the middle of a dishcloth or something or a small purse?

One Day at a time.
By the Grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  8:07:21 PM  Show Profile
I am just a lurker but I made the dishcloths along with you guys and I just love all the patterns you have put on so far. So actually you can count me in from now on. wasn't sure I would be able to get them done but they were easy and I enjoyed doing them. So I am having fun and you guys didn't even know it!!! hehehehehe beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  04:06:10 AM  Show Profile
Beverley....go on over to the "new pattern" posted for the KAL. Diana posted a new pattern there.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  7:11:46 PM  Show Profile
The one with the words on it for knitting with friends one? If that is it I already did it too!!! hehehehehehehe beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2008 :  7:18:02 PM  Show Profile
Too funny! I didn't do the "words" one...too much counting. My but you are quick!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page