Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along! Next Topic
Page: of 5

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  2:10:48 PM  Show Profile
Here's mine. I got a bunch of Sugar N Cream on sale at Michaels so I'll be making more :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  2:31:57 PM  Show Profile
I was camping all weekend and just sat and knitted away! I was surprised at how quick and easy this was! However, mine is looking a little different to the others (which are very nice looking.) But, when something is hand made no one will be the same right!
Thanks for the head's up on the sale at Michaels, hmmm, another trip to the craft store!

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  6:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Sorry girls, but those are too pretty to be used for dishcloths--they look like doilies! Nice pattern.

Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  7:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I'm surprised to hear you say that they were easy. I have stayed a "beginner" for years I guess because the counting and pattern was not easy for me :-)
That's why I'm so proud to learn it! Now I am making the 2nd one, got to keep at it before I forget how. LOL

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  03:01:55 AM  Show Profile
You know Linda, I find some patterns easy and others...well, let's not go there! I use the magnetic board for my projects where you have magnet strips to mark your place. Then I also add a post-it note with the number of 'rounds' I need and cross off as I go. I don't think I could do it any other way!

Go to Top of Page

herb19355
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Debi
Danielsville, GA
USA
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Send herb19355 a Yahoo! Message
Yeah... I figured it out... here is my dish cloth. I made it green to go in my camping trailer called "Tow-ed Hollow".. (I collect frogs!) Once I got the pattern figured out, it went pretty quickly. 'course having a new kitten who thought it was great to chew on my knitting needles slowed me down a bit. If you have not begun your own dishcloth, give it a try! It is Fun...!!!

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  06:20:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow look at all the lovely dishcloths we have already! Great job gals! Of course if you want to make more and post them feel free to do so :)

Debi-I have 3 cats who think my yarn and needles are their toys. If they feel mom is ignoring them because I'm knitting, they'll either attack the needles, or try to make off with my yarn!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  08:15:32 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Angie, I like your tighter stitches...that's what I have the most trouble with because I also crochet fast but loose. I also knit the English way, or Eupean way with the yarn in my left hand and I grab it with the right needle like you would a crochet yarn...when I knit the American way by wrapping the yarn over from my right hand, I am slower and seem to drop the needle sometimes out of it all...LOL does that make sense?

I guess the "how" we knit could also be part of this topic...LOL

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  08:37:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm a lefty and a self taught knitter. I couldn't tell you what style I knit in...I just knit and hope it turns out okay.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

Cheekyredhead
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Christine
Lansdale PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  5:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Diana, do you hold your yarn in your right hand or your left? I'm a self taught, left handed, dyslexic (say that three times fast ) I hold my yarn in my left hand (continental) but I throw it like someone using their right hand would (english). I've taught lots of people to knit using either hand "the correct way" but if I want to get any speed, not to mention correct guage, I have to knit my way.

TTFN
Cheeky
Sister #243

Imagine the view from the top of your dreams

www.getaclew.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  6:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I sure wish I could watch all the different ways you gals knit. Maybe we can get some pics of some sort up. Christine, I think you are similiar to the way I knit (Continental?) I have yarn in left hand then sort of hook it with the right needle...works like throwing over would...at least I think so.

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  03:04:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear, guess i will just have to make another so that I can 'make sure' I have the right technique! (If there is one!)

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  05:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Mine is finished, It looks good, I am still working on the picture thing, I made an account on photobucket, now I have to upload my pics. Sounds like everyone had fun on this one, we will need to post another pattern!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  11:27:37 AM  Show Profile
This was great fun! I'm game for any thing you all want to knit next.
I might make another one and thread a ribbon around it and use it as a gift pouch. Perhaps in a pretty worsted weight wool. I'm already thinking Christmas!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Just found this thread - I"ve been on vacation. I will follow this for sure and join in any future knit alongs.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  2:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Dana-Another idea would be to gather them and put a nice scented bar of soap inside.

Sherri-Glad to have you participate with us!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  2:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Diana - I love the idea of a soap sack! Making soap will be my next craft to learn!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  10:36:35 AM  Show Profile
So how are all our KAL farmgirls doing? I look forward to seeing everyone's finished dishcloths!

Also, let me know when you're ready for another KAL and I'll post a pattern for something a bit more challenging...socks maybe?

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  5:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
ooooh! I think this was/is challenging! Socks are too much for me unless it's one Christmas stocking. I am working on my 3rd one of this pattern.
I wanted to tell ya that I stopped half way on my 2nd one and use it for a dolls shawl...looks great! American Girl size doll wears it over her pioneer type long dress.

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  6:57:07 PM  Show Profile
How about another dishcloth then? I have a bunch of cute patterns for ones that have animals, etc. that I've got in books and off the internet. All you need to know is knit, purl, and yarn over stitches for the most part.

If that's agreeable to the group then I'll post the pattern on a new post.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  04:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Diana, that would be great. I think that it is a good idea to do a couple of patterns that use similar stitches, like the YO etc, that way the beginners can have some good practice!
Looking forward to the next one!
Angie

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi ya'll! Just found this post and would LOVE to do a KAL although I must admit I am a beginner...such a beginner I will have to go buy needles and thread. I have knitted years ago but now I couldn't tell a knit from a perl! LOL! But Ir ead all the posts and it made it sound doable for me. So, let me know when/where you post your next one and I will try to keep with y'all.
Thanks so much for doing this!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  05:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Sandra-Welcome to our KAL! Glad to have you here with us :) This KAL is still going if you want do do the project that's already posted, but I'll be adding a new pattern under a new post soon.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  07:05:58 AM  Show Profile
The new dishcloth pattern sounds fun, a hen pattern would be too cute, socks, not socks, I am still working on a pair, only have started 1. This is a fun way to knit something and get it finished! I loe my round cloth and think I will make a shawl like Linda did for my daughters American Girl doll! Good idea!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  08:40:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Diana, sounds good to me as long as it's not "more" difficult than the last one we did. I learned alot from making this dishcloth and I am so happy about that.

I have an easy pattern if we want to learn it. It is only knit and purl. It is a checkerboard design with knit 10 then purl 10 then repeat. All done evenly for 10 rows, then the next 10 rows are opposite, making the checkerboard easy to see. Very simple as long as a person can do purl. A beginner would learn the purl stitch.
Just a suggestion/idea from me. :-)

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Aug 02 2008 10:14:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Gathered Up: Previous Topic knitting group - POSTED pattern for knit along! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page