Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The things we have shared.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things we have shared..... Next Topic  

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Over the months and years, we on this site have shared all of life's bounties, gifts, and sorrows. Marriage, birth, death, divorce, heartbreak, success, joy.....It hit me tonight after hearing about Melanie's baby to come in September......how much we share here and how deeply it affects me and all of us. I am so grateful for MaryJane, and for all of you! How can it be that an online place could so intimately become woven into our lives? But it has. I love you all!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yessiree! That is my number one reason I love MJ's. No question is every ignored, triumphs and tragedies are recognized and reacted to with love and true friendship and nothing really has been out of line because we all have respect and love for each other. I LOVE MJ's and all of my farmgirl sisters!!! Can I get a YEE HAW!!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile
You are so right! Everyone on here has been so sweet and helpful. This site is my therpy every night. I love it here and all you farm gal friends!
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:34:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm right there with all of you. I never thought I would find such good friends online not ever meeting anyone in person(yet). Each of you have touched my heart in one way or another. Love you all, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Mommyswanson
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Laura
Waukegan IL
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:50:40 PM  Show Profile
This is a lovely nurturing community of fine, fine women.

Laura

"That which does not kill us makes us strong!" "I cast all my cares upon you Lord."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  6:54:30 PM  Show Profile
I agree....what a wonderful sisterhood this is!! Thanks MaryJane for making it possible..and thanks to all of you for brightening my life!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  7:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I know that without my friends here I wouldn't have made it through some tough times this past year. I am so appreciative of the friendship I have found thanks to MaryJane! I am proud to be in this sisterhood of wonderful, caring, compassionate women! I love each and every one of you :)

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  7:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Agreed, Jeannie. I feel blessed, especially (and don't any of you in the "older" group take this the wrong way) that I have women, both older and younger, in many, many ways wiser than me to guide me through this lovely life. My family was once so small (just me and mom) and now, I feel I have so many strong women in my family--amazing, encouraging and enlightening.

Lucky!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  7:23:44 PM  Show Profile
YEEHAW!!!!! :)

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  7:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I'm one of the new ones here, but I really appreciate this site and all you girls.. how it feels as if all of us are pieced together like a beautiful quilt or tightly knit ...I have learned so much and also it is nice to have women come together like this and share many things... and no one looks down on you or back stabs you ... it's totally refreshing!

http://maggie.ecrater.com
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  8:19:38 PM  Show Profile
You are all so right. Even when I was a low as low could be and only told a few I was uplifted by coming to this site and basking in the niceness. And then when My husband died I felt the outpouring of love and kindness. THANK YOU ALL MB You too NJ.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

moxieblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  8:27:32 PM  Show Profile
YEE-HAW Heather! :D

I am relatively new but already I feel like I have a connection with ladies who know what true class and grace is... not only that but MaryJane's and all the Farmgirls give me hope for this world. With everything that you see on the news each day, MJ's reminds me that there are still good people out there, still people out there that are willing to help other folks and are truly interested in learning and sharing the simple and enjoyable things in life. Love you all! :)

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Farmgirl Sister #242
http://vintage-moxie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemakerkate
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Kate
Ewen Michigan
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  02:31:36 AM  Show Profile
It is nice to spend time here, getting to know all of you..although I am not on often it is nice to read about other gals who arent caught up in the tangle of busy big city life, no matter where they live. My own family, brothers, sisters, ect..(not my dh and kids) are all so far away and their lives so very different then my own. Even their priorities are different. For them it is all about what you have, how good you look, what you are wearing and who you are seen with and where you work..how important you are. That is it, the Importance of themselves. They think that the way we live, the town is all laughable...funny backwards and all hickish. They just dont Get it.
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:03:10 AM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean, getting to know you and all the other farm girls has been such a rewarding experience

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  06:39:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm new here myself and feel like I have finally found some girls who think and like the same things I do. We moved here 20 years ago and I don't have any friends outside of work so this really fills a void in my life. When my kids were growing I was going to school and trying to get ahead at work and keep house I didn't notice so much but now that things are slowing down I find myself with too much time on my hands alone. Thank you to all of your girls! I love MJ's magazine and this group of friends!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile
I totally agree with you, Jeannie. It's like we're all snuggled together under a cozy quilt, whispering stories to each other. A vintage quilt, of course!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The things we have shared..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page