Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I figured it out...and started a blog!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I figured it out...and started a blog!!! Next Topic
Page: of 5

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  1:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lisa,
Your blog looks great.I have had a on-line journal for years before it became popular but I like the ease of your blog I started one too.It was very easy but I have only two posts so far.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams

Edited by - LadyCrystal on Oct 19 2005 1:49:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  3:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, Your blog is wonderful. Isn't the trip to the farm a joy complete! We have gone twice now and loved every minute. Wish I could stay. I am going to have to learn to do the blog thing. What a fun way to chronicle your life and then share it.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  6:22:13 PM  Show Profile
Okay - now I've jumped on the bandwagon and started a blog. How fun is this!! I'm pretty computer literate but it took me a while to figure this one out. I just love reading about everyone's lives and seeing pics. Especially Clare's Halloween picture!!

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  6:32:53 PM  Show Profile
Great Blog!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2005 :  8:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
Missy, Alicia, and Kay...I have gone and read all of your blogs. Isn't this fun??? I will be waiting to see pictures and read more about all of you. Glad you are starting with me...we can all learn together.

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
http://lisa222.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  10:40:59 AM  Show Profile

Hi Lisa!! It is wonderful to see your beautiful smile once again!! Your blog is awesome! It seems that your dreams are coming true! All of us here at the farm loved meeting you! It was an honor to have you stop here on your way to Tennessee. You are a very courageous, "can-do anything your put your mind to" farmgirl!! You go girl!!
sunnily yours,

PS ~ your puppy is sooo adorable!!

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  10:48:38 AM  Show Profile

Kay ~~ You are not alone! I've heard from many gals who have left the business world behind. The joys of being at home while your children are small are priceless. A farmgirl can always find something to do when the need arises. Congratulations!

Alicia ~~ You'll have lots of fun creating your life on the "farm"!! It will be an interesting adventure. It will be fun to hear how it goes! Best of luck!

Missy~~ I imagine that LaMarguerite Farm is beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration and good luck with your blog site ~ I, too, am among the computer challenged!
I really enjoyed reading all your "blogs"!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  11:50:10 AM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed all the new blogs and so decided to try one out for myself.

http://quiltedprairie.blogspot.com/

You all have such wonderful dreams, I hope we can encourage each other enough that we actually achieve what we have set out to do. A big first step is to BELIEVE! Maybe we need a place to post when we have updated so we can be sure to check out the new postings.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  12:54:31 PM  Show Profile
Nancy what a beautiful piece of property.Good luck with getting th house built,that is an adventure all its own.
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:06:35 PM  Show Profile

Nancy ~ Prarieville Farm is beautiful! You'll love living there once your new house is completed. The fact that your dad farmed there makes it a special place for you to be. Once you're settled I hope you can come down and visit us here at MaryJanesFarm just south of Moscow, ID. It would be delightful to meet you! I wish all the farmgirls lived close enough to come over for a visit!!
sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:08:56 PM  Show Profile
Gee, Alicia, I didn't know you had to wash chickens. I thought they just kinda dry-cleaned themselves or something. Looks like the beginning of a wonderful life!

God bless
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:30:16 PM  Show Profile
LOL Patricia,
They do preen themselves but we show them in Poultry show so they need to be extra spiffy.I soon as I learn how to use the scanner I will put some pics of my show birds and me at the shows.
Alicia

follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  1:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Lisabee, loved your blog, been wanting to start one too for sometime but wasn't sure just where to start, does everyone favor blogspot? Any other good ones that are fairly easy to do, and do you need a dig. camera to post pics? All blogs mentioned here are great and I hope to join in on the fun sometime soon. Thanks for sharing! Love your house Lisabee!!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  3:05:13 PM  Show Profile
I guess that would be my question too. How does one begin? I would love to do a blog spot.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  4:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
LisaBee....You've started a Blogging spree! I've been on the fence about starting one, because I am also working on my own website. For some reason, all this talk about blogs & the ones I've looked at today have completely inspired me. I started one today, too! I was hurrying to get to work, so there is a temporary "placecard" picture, and a "needs editing" post explaining my blog name & new business name, but soon I'll be posting my creations as well. ( I don't think my website will be up before the holidays) I'm really excited. Thanks ladies for sharing your know how & your blog spots with me. Love, Judes

http://schoolstreet.blogspot.com

PS Does anyone have a website software recommendation? I'm trying to learn HTML and it's going VERY SLOWLY.:) so I'm thinking about using a store bought program.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  5:46:20 PM  Show Profile
I've added a Farmgirl Websites folder to my favorites in Explorer. I'm bookmarking everyone's blog addresses so I check them. Geez -- I'll never get anything done. First I have to check the Farmgirl forum a couple of times a day and now I'm getting hooked on reading everyone's blogs! Just kidding -- I love it. The blogs give us all an opportunity to really get to "look inside" the lives of our Farmgirl friends. And I just love seeing the pictures.

Nancy - Prairieville Farm is wonderful!!! I love your house plans -- especially the breezeway between the house and garage.

GO WHITE SOX!!!!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  6:32:34 PM  Show Profile
First aprons sweep the farmgirls...now blogs to post pics and stories of those aprons....I may have to ride The "bloggin wave"! Think I will call mine MeadowRose meanderings...I am still pondering it.Do you need a scanner to do a blog? I noticed some blogs have ads...is this a requirement? Do blogs cost anything? I love all these blogs I have seen!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.

Edited by - MeadowLark on Oct 20 2005 7:03:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Judes
True Blue Farmgirl

156 Posts

Jude
OH
USA
156 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Judes a Yahoo! Message
Blogs are free. As far as I know, the ads are optional. I think that you can earn revenue somehow by having advertisements on your blog. When I set mine up there was an option to do so, and a "learn more about this" option. And you don't need a scanner, unless you need to scan your photographs. Digital cameras help though. If you don't have a digital camera, alot of places these days will include a CD of your photos along with prints. Good Luck! Judes
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2005 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Judes! You have been a super help! I feel now more inspired to start one!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  09:33:07 AM  Show Profile
Woo-Hoo!! With Mom's help I figured out how to get some pictures up on my blog sight. I'll be taking some fresh pictures this weekend and add some new ones of the goats. They have grown so much!! Can't wait to see your blog Meadowlark!! It really is very easy to get started, it just takes a bit to figure out the picture and editing thing.

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  11:20:28 AM  Show Profile
Good Job, Missy!
Nancy

http://quiltedprairie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  4:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Blogs are free, and I haven't seen one that had ads? It looks like everyone likes blogspot, any others out there that are just as good? Love the name Meadowlark!

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  5:18:33 PM  Show Profile
LisaBee, oh I loved the blog and all the pics! you and itty bitty Chai almost have the same hair color! Love your smile...you've got farmgirl heart all over you. You can bet next time I'm in TN. I'll be stopping by for tea on your porch.

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

LisaBee
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Lisa
Sparta TN
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2005 :  8:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send LisaBee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! I miss getting on the chatroom ONE DAY, and look what happens!!! I am so thrilled to read all these posts, and now I am keeping track of everyone's blogs. I see that questions that have been asked have been answered. Hope everyone keeps this blogging going...and I know it will get easier for all of us. I agree that blogspot is the easiest one to be a part of. If you read the instructions on posting pictures, then you see that you don't have to resize or alter your pictures in any way...it is done for you automatically. If you have a digital camera that allows you to download pictures onto your computer, that makes it easy. If you take pictures and have them developed somewhere, get the digital CD when you can. This is also easy to put on your computer. Last, if you have older prints, then a scanner would definitely be the way to get them on to your computer. Anyone who starts a blog, please post it in this topic so we can all check it out. I am enjoying each and every one of them that I read, and it makes me feel closer to all of you. CindyLou...I enjoyed meeting you, too, and would love to have had more time to talk with you...I had fun going through the shelves of food and making my picks. Every one that you suggested was delicious, and I will be making another order soon...this time in BULK...gotta have MORE!!! Kim, the teapot will always be on for you! (And any othe farmgirl, too)

"There is no teacup too large, nor book too long."
http://lisa222.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  3:25:36 PM  Show Profile

Hi LisaBee! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your travel cuisine! I'm getting ready to take a big road trip myself, so I'll be taking lots of MaryJane's food! I'm going to Maine to pick up my daughter Molly and her fiance. I'm helpin them move back to Idaho, hooray!!!!
Thank YOU for starting this blog "thread"!! It is so much fun to "get to know" Amy, Melissa, Jan, Missy, Nancy, Alicia, Kay and Clare ~ whom I've had the pleasure of meeting at the Farm Chicks Show. Soon we'll get to know Judes by visiting her new blog site! Yet another way to tie those apron strings around friendships!
Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I figured it out...and started a blog!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page