Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 So how does the henhouse thing work?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic So how does the henhouse thing work? Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am working on an info sheet for my chapter and thought I would share it here too.. maybe it will help someone....

Here is how the hen house works incase some are still unsure -

1) You register to be a farmgirl (you did when you started blogging)..
2) you go to the store on www.maryjanesfarm.com and purchase a year membership to the sisterhood ($20 - that pays for your badge,and the descriptions of all the merit badges you can earn etc).
3) Once you do that the farm will send you a Sisterhood number and put that cute little red patch by your name( give them a little time as it is the busy season at the farm)...They will mail you a badge and certificate..
4) Then you can click the link to the henhouse,sign in using your username and password (just like for the blog)
5) Click onto member bios - email the chapter leader and ask to have your name added to the henhouse of your choosing..YOU CAN BELONG TO MORE THEN ONE HENHOUSE...(she will then contact the farm with your info and you will be given access - again be a little patient)

I get this question alot..

SO what does the $20 "buy me?"..

So let me just say this:

easy..A lot if you ask me..

1) Your sisterhood badge that you adorn and wear proudly....
2) A certificate that you farm for your office :)
3) access to the henshouses
4) Special offers from the Farm Store
5) Oppertunity to earn Merit badges
6) Oppertunity to "teach" at the One Room School house
7) The free gift of being stretched further then even you could have imaged by the steps of the merit badges
8) The right to call yourself "a Jackie of all trades and the master of some..........To name a few things...........

Did you know - that there are 7 catagories for the badges? 46 Sub-catagories, 49 badges with 141 potential Merit awards...

This is no little deal - there are merit awards that will come easy and there are those that when you complete them, you will know that you are a Farmgirl to the core...You can be a beginner, Intermediate or Expert in some or all catagories..

By the way, if you wonder what you could do at your chapter meetings... if you took one of these topics per month, you wouldn't need to worry about what your going to do for the next year or more.. How cool is that?

I hope this helps a little. I am having more fun then should be legal with my merit badges...and if you are a visual learner like I am.. I reformatted the merit badge descriptions so that the print was big enough for these ole eyes. added some cute little clip art and printed it and put it into a binder.. I also made a spread sheet or two to keep my goals in front of me... I have been surprised that many of the merit awards are things I am already doing just havent documented. I think you will find the same..

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's a great description, Rene! The henhouses are a blast!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  11:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Alee.. Jump in with this.. I know you know.. and some of the gals have been asking-

So How are you settling in? Got the yard beaten into sumbission yet.. well at least the weeds...? I have 1000000 questions for you, but I will email ya! R

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:20:21 PM  Show Profile
So can you sign into the henhouse as soon as you become a "sister" or do you have to officially belong to a chapter before you get access?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  8:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy,
You will need to email the leader of whatever henhouse you want to join, they will notify Sunny at the farm...she will then add your name to the roster. Does that answer your question?

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  10:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy Grace-

I emailed Sunny so you should have access to the Nitty Gritty Farmgirls.

However, anyone can read the henhouses (even non-sisters) but only sisters can participate! And only sisters of a particular chapter can post.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic So how does the henhouse thing work? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page